Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 Ski Doo RXP Supercharger MISSING WASHER!!

I bought two used supercharged Sea Doo Rxps onehasent been making boost so i yanked the charger and one of the ceramic washers is GONE!! The jet ski runs great and have put a few hours on it with the charger slipping (NOT KNOWING) Shoould i be worried about that washer tearing something up? Should i yank the oil pump and check the screen? Or shpuld i just run it with a reman charger?

+1
    Do not run the ski with a washer failure, it will have to have the engine pulled and cleaned of any ceramic. If you run the ski without cleaning, in a short time BOOM

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedsilvy View Post
    Shoould i be worried about that washer tearing something up? Should i yank the oil pump and check the screen?
    You should treat it like a bomb because it's ticking every second the engine is running. Pull it apart to clean and inspect the internals. Ask questions, post pictures and go from there. Do not ride it until it is fixed unless you want to blow a lot of money on a full rebuild. The screens only catch the big chunks. The rest is ground into tiny abrasive particulates that are carried with your oil into all of your bearings (and timing chain) Bad things happen

Quote Originally Posted by HardmanGT View Post
    You should treat it like a bomb because it's ticking every second the engine is running. Pull it apart to clean and inspect the internals. Ask questions, post pictures and go from there. Do not ride it until it is fixed unless you want to blow a lot of money on a full rebuild. The screens only catch the big chunks. The rest is ground into tiny abrasive particulates that are carried with your oil into all of your bearings (and timing chain) Bad things happen
    Not Good I bought them used and who knows how long the guy had been riding it that way . so i need to yank the engine and inspect it all ? What all gaskets and bolts etc will i need .

+1
    First, buy a lottery ticket ya lucky guy.
    Remove the oil filter, cut it apart with a razor blade and stretch it out. Lots of glitter/particles? I hope not. If so, suck out all of the oil or you will have a mini-Exxon Valdez when you remove the pto housing. Set the trailer on it's tongue after removing the oil, it will keep what's left from draining out in the hull. Drain the coolant too. Remove the drive shaft and pull the pto housing (order the pto and waterpump gaskets) and check the screen for particulates. Pulling the engine makes this easier, but it can be done while in the hull.
    The torx socket is cheap at O'Reilly's.
    Oh, order a new "C" clip for the drive shaft too, don't reuse it.
    If you find the remnants of the missing washer in the screen, I'd pull the engine and tear it apart. A few dollars now will save this engine down the road...
    It's not as tough as it sounds. Time consuming, yes, tough, naaaah.
    Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedsilvy View Post
    I bought two used supercharged Sea Doo Rxps onehasent been making boost so i yanked the charger and one of the ceramic washers is GONE!! The jet ski runs great and have put a few hours on it with the charger slipping (NOT KNOWING) Shoould i be worried about that washer tearing something up? Should i yank the oil pump and check the screen? Or shpuld i just run it with a reman charger?
    Something sounds fishy here. The ski wouldn't be running anywhere near "great" if your supercharger clutch washers are missing. Are you sure that is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Something sounds fishy here. The ski wouldn't be running anywhere near "great" if your supercharger clutch washers are missing. Are you sure that is the problem?
    It Didnt run like it should but as far as engine noise,Miss firing ETC..... It was fine.

What screen are you referring to the oil pump screen? Is this pretty common on the sea doos andis there any luck the washer is still intact?

+1
    If its missing then I suggest pulling the motor and cleaning it out.
    Chances are not in your favor finding 2 large pieces of ceramic.

Can somebody kind of give me a break down of what to clean out. what all do i have to take a part? I work on cars everyday so its not a huge deal just dont wanna tear it down further then i have too. I assume yank the engine inspect every thing and clean out as mouch as possible with out pulling rods and pistons? Or do i need to pull the caps and check all the bearings for wear from the ceramic getting feed through the engine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information