2012 RTX 260 Maintenance Light

This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for several years...
    I have some questions about the maintenance / service light on a 2012 RXT 260. I have read the manual and it says 25 and 100 hours for oil changes. The dealer / salesman told me that it was still 10 hours for the first inspection / service / oil change. I changed the oil myself, and took the ski to the dealer to reset the light at just under 10 hours (it wasnt going off yet). He told me the service reminder was set to 10 hours and the BUDS update changed it to 25 hours along with some I-control updates. So he charged me 27$ and I have to take it back in 15 hours to be reset again? If so, how early can the 25 hour reminder be reset? Very confusing...

+1
    I'm pretty sure they can delete it BEFORE the 25 hr mark.

The service "kid" that hooked it up didn't seem to sure about anything really...So, can I just have them take the 25 hour reminder out?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can delete it BEFORE the 25 hr mark.
    It changed in 2012, there is a counter that counts down before it can be reset. (There was a few that made it out with the old 10 hour time before they switched to 25 hour).

Apparently I had one of the few. So now I have to wait untill it goes off at 25, or close to going off to get it reset. Is it a light and buzzer or just a light? I will be away on vacation with it when it hits 25 hours, so I was trying to avoid the annoyance!

+1
    Not sure exactly how many hours you actually need to reset the light, but I brought my 12px in at 18 hours to have them reset the light and change the oil (just wanted to keep them happy in case I really need something from warranty). I have almost 40 hours now and haven't seen any new lights yet! And they did do the updates to buds too.

+1
    Hey guys, sorry to start up an old thread, but I have a question for you seadoo techs. Yesterday, I get a maintenance light on start up, however, no codes are thrown and the message and wrench icon go away after 10 seconds or so. Ski runs perfectly fine. I know when I brought my ski in for its first service it had 15-16 hours on it. When the light went on it was at 90hrs and is now at 91hrs. Here is my question:

Does the timer start over and go off again after 75 hours since last reset? The math works out to that and I wasnt sure. It would make sense since 25 and 100 are the maintenance light times.

The only thing that concerns me is that it sounds like my fuel pump is pretty loud now, but it may just be me hearing things after seeing the light.

Thread Information