Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Newbie looking for advise

I am new to the forum and i am lookn for some advice on my build. I have a all stock 08fxsho, i am on the hunt for a reliable 85ish mph build. I tend to run this wot 75% of the time so reliable is a major issue. I had plans for a open exhaust a air intake kit or diy, some air venting for fresh air, i know to achi e my goal i will need more air and fuel so a new sc wheel and remap ecm with a different prop. I realy dont want to up the rpms or run big boost numbers. I am a big diy fan and all about home brewed setups and a mechanic by trade. I know i am for getting some stuff but i am open to all ideas thanks

Get everything below and you will be over 80...

+1
    Thanks, can you tell me whats different about the water box i know what it does not sure how it works internaly i know there guys who have gutted or modded the stock one sorry i cant justify the money riva wants for there parts such as the Air intake, open exhaust or sc wheels you can buy that are drop in and make 15psi which is good but from what i have read there is no comp map that shows the cfm gain. More boost dont mean more lbs a min air flow, simple math more air in more air out more power. Most of the exhaust and air intakes can be made and i plan to make mine as for the sc wheel can any one tell me the stock measurements and the shaft size. Whats kind of boost/power can the stock fuel supply can support? From what have been the my motor is a reworked r1 based motor with that being said will r1 internals work with it and r1 ecm/ tuners work?

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    easy set up
    _ R3 reflash
    _ ET low boost wheel
    _ FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
    _ repitch or buy a prop
    _ other minor updates like manifold upgrade, exaust waterbox, and all those lil details.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9shaker View Post
    I am new to the forum and i am lookn for some advice on my build. I have a all stock 08fxsho, i am on the hunt for a reliable 85ish mph build. I tend to run this wot 75% of the time so reliable is a major issue. I had plans for a open exhaust a air intake kit or diy, some air venting for fresh air, i know to achi e my goal i will need more air and fuel so a new sc wheel and remap ecm with a different prop. I realy dont want to up the rpms or run big boost numbers. I am a big diy fan and all about home brewed setups and a mechanic by trade. I know i am for getting some stuff but i am open to all ideas thanks
    What ever combination you get I would suggest getting a riva dampener & shaft upgrade since your runnig WOT 75%. Et 15.5 high boost wheel will get you to your goal with supporting mods.

+1
    Ya i ride the obio river and there is all riding conditions, but i love beatn big money boats!! A shaft kit would be a good upgrade thanks. As for now the build is gona be a air in take, free flow exhaust, rrfpr, haul venting, prop work, big intercooler and a reflash and low boost wheel, bov. I think this will make a solid setup

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9shaker View Post
    Ya i ride the obio river and there is all riding conditions, but i love beatn big money boats!! A shaft kit would be a good upgrade thanks. As for now the build is gona be a air in take, free flow exhaust, rrfpr, haul venting, prop work, big intercooler and a reflash and low boost wheel, bov. I think this will make a solid setup
    Its a nice set up but be careful coming un hooked when riding.

+1
    I dont have any bucking issues right now but when there is 2 people on it it rocks side to side and pulls to what ever side it leaning, not sure if i need a ride plate or grate, i have a idea what they do can you explain what happens when changing them out. Is these mods i can do to stock parts? I just hate paying some company good money for stuff i can make.... My girlfriend says i am a tight ass ether way i plan on fabing and building all that i can

And we may have access to a machine shop haha

+1
    Haha may have access.. You mean your garage or you mean the kokamo garage haha, its gona get put to use

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information