+1

Help! 2012 Yamaha Oil change procedure

. Ski Level meaning Engine in Level position?(Engine Cover) Correct procedure for changing oil on my 2012 FX SHO. I just ordered Factory manual, However i have 9.8 hours.

+1
    Just did my VXR's yesterday at 13 hours with filter. Very easy as long as you take your time and are careful.

Many recent topics just in the past few days and weeks here---look down days and or use search.

Warm up the ski on hose for 4-5minutes, Use oil extractor thru dipstick, measure exact amount in milk jug, remove filter and add that amount drain to jug, measure overall amount, empty, refill with new oil, and replace. Very easy. I did as others said and after warmup let the front of trailer down in order to drain more out with extractor. You need to be exact as to not overfill which is not at all good.

Curious----what GPS speeds are you getting with the new SHO and how is it in the chop and waves?

Thanks

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Remember to tilt the ski nose down slightly and jack up the left side of the trailer up if at all possible. Thats the only way I can get a full 4 quarts out of my ski.

Crystal River Florida. Home of speed restricted manatee zones.
    +1
    Left side meaning port side...left can be different depending on what way you are facing the ski.

+1

GPS Speed

I have not run the engine wide open for any length of time, just short burst. After the Oil change, i will post GPS top Speed. However by speedo it runs past 60MPH rather quickly.

+1
    By the way, thank you for the advice. Appreciate. As far as the ride, it is better than my 2002 4 tec. I just realy wish that Yamaha had all the bells and whisles like the Sea-Doo. GPS speedo, depth finder and so on. It is rather unusual, since the Japanese usually outshine eneryone else with bells & whisles.

+1
    Welcome. When I bought the Yamaha I thought the same thing about the gizmos. In reality just lots of stuff to break down, which Sea Doos often do. They are just way more work and expense both up front and in the long run. I also will simply never buy a triple over a 4 cylinder, and Sea Doo has had many supercharger issues. My dealer sold BOTH brands, and strongly advised me to buy the Yamaha which was also cheaper. I still really dig the look of the RXP though. Very nice ride. Good luck.

+1
    Well, I did my oil change today and I did follow your advice. I guess that I tilted it further than you, I got 4 quarts 4 onces. However it took just under 4 quarts to bring the oil level to the mark. I was careful to use a spirit level on the engine, started and ran the engine for a few minutes, then checked it 3 times after.Thank you again.

+1
    The Supercharger rebuild on the Sea-Doo was my biggest turn off. At this stage of my life , I need less maintenance. I already spend enough time maintaining my 1997 Formula PC34.

Thread Information