wetjet 300 problems

Last year I bought two Mastercraft Wetjets (with Yamaha 701 engines in them) that had been sitting in a garage for 8yrs. I changed the fuel and put new batteries on them and they started up and ran great. After going to he lake 5 or 6 times one of them got to where it would die when running WOT. It would start right back up and idle fine. If you let it sit for a few minutes it would run good for a little while and start doing it again. After a few more times at the lake the other one started doing the exact same thing. I stored them for the winter and early spring I took them to a so-called mech. he cleaned the carbs and fuel tank and said they were fine now. The first time I took them to the lake, same thing. I changed all the fuel lines, put new fuel filters on them, and had a friend help me put a carb kit in one of them. Took it to the lake; no better. When you go to the lake they both run great for the first 15 mins. or so. I don't think they are getting hot. I can hold my hand on the exhaust manifold.

Lean seizing?

Sound like it lean.

North Central Arkansas
    Bad fuel tank check valve or exhaust leak in the hull could cause it.

My yamaha wave venture was doing that. It would run great. All the way up to mid range. Then it would flat die .It ended up being the cdi.

Thread Information