Thread: Oil Leak

Oil Leak

New to these forums. I think i'm at the end of my rope trying to maintain my Seadoos. i have a 2008 RXP-X 255 that i had the supercharger rebuilt on (thanks Jerry), i made a huge mistake. I hadn't received the rebuilt Supercharger back yet and put one of my other skis in the water that was on the same trailer. i completely forgot to put the drains back in ski with the missing supercharger so it completely filled the engine with water. i did 4 oile changes and just about had all of the water out. i was doing one last change feeling good about myself, i had the hose hooked up and started the ski. it ran for 30 seconds and quit. it would not start again. when i took the spark plugs out the cylinders where full of clear water. WTF... I gave up and ski is now at the dealer. Now i have a 2010 RXT-A 260 that is leaking oil. I pulled it out of the water and pulled the drains. i would say there's at least 2 quarts that came out of the hull. I have no idea where it's coming from. I am the one who did an oil change a month ago so my first thought was to make sure there was nothing coming from the oil filter cover. I don't see anything but i took the filter out anyway to inspect. i do see the red o ring showing when i put the filter cap back on but maybe that's normal because the bolt will not go in any further. can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,
    Jamie

+1
    Sounds like ur 2010 is leaking at the oil pressure switch or pto gasket.
    I've seen them leak at both points before.
    On the px you needed to get the water out of the intake hose from the charger.
    With the spark plugs out you needed to spin it over in 5-10 second bursts till no water came out.
    Good luck with the stealership. Chances are the tech that's working on it has no idea what he's doing.

+1
    If your ski quit on its own it probably hydo locked.
    I hope it didn't bend a rod or valve.

Thx for the reply, i did take the plugs out and run it for 5-10 secs. I just couldn't figure out why the cylinders then filled with clear water, where would that come from? I was hoping the dealer techs would have a clue, i'll most likely get scammed.

+1
    You had water in ur intake hose and when cranked it went into motor. Or it came in thru your exhaust valves. There is always 1 exhaust valve open.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    You had water in ur intake hose and when cranked it went into motor. Or it came in thru your exhaust valves. There is always 1 exhaust valve open.
    I thought these motor where designed to always stop with the exhaust valves closed? Maybe not?

Thread Information