rxpX thru hull ehaust

Trying to get parts lined up for thru hull exhaust on my 08 rxp x....I'm getting the riva water box along with the exhaust tip and opas block off...trying to.figure out if I have to relocate ic for this setup...all help is appreciated.

+1
    I assume since you mentioned tip you will be using Rivas exhaust pipe as well. Yes you will need to relocate the intercooler. The pipe would hit the intercooler if left in its factory location. Riva makes a very nice relocation kit that's available in the GH store. I ran it for awhile and well worth it IMO . Welcome to greenhulk btw.

ok thanks...i guess its just misleading because when you go to order the water box it just says you need the coupler and hull outlet kit but doesnt say you need the ic relocating kit unless you just purchase the exhaust pipe and use factory water box

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebRXPX View Post
    ok thanks...i guess its just misleading because when you go to order the water box it just says you need the coupler and hull outlet kit but doesnt say you need the ic relocating kit unless you just purchase the exhaust pipe and use factory water box
    Well...Now that you mention it, I understand what you mean... I wasn't overly familiar with the Riva waterbox until you mentioned it, so I looked and now see that the Riva set up already has the complete exit pipe fixed to it. I run just a gutted wb with the Riva rear exhaust kit. I know that on an X boat the intercooler in it's stock loaction will be in the way of the riva rear exhaust pipe, thus the need to relocate the intercooler. I'm not 100% sure if the pipe fixed to the riva waterbox will come up as high as the pipe included in the rear exhaust kit, it may or may not clear the IC in it's stock location. Maybe another X owner running a riva wb can chime in and confirm.

Either way, IMO it's a good idea to move it anyway. It cleans up the engine compartment making it easier to work in, looks much better and gets rid of that rats nest of stock plumbing.

Yeah that's true, I might just do the relocated cooler and call it a day!

Thread Information