Thread: 06 GTX SC mods

+1

06 GTX SC mods

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and new to PWC's. Just bought my first, a 06 Seadoo GTX SC (185). Keen to do a few basic mods. Now i know the 185 isnt the best base and down the track i will buy something better (RXTX??) but this is my first ski, i got it at a good price and i love it.

I'm quite handy and was hoping to add a rear air intake, xs type intercooler, thru hull exhaust(if i can keep the opas), gut the water box and remove the flame arrester in the manifold. I can do most of this myself and make up the necessary brackets, pipe work etc and as such would not be spending to much money.

Question is, with the above will i be fine with the standard ecu and fuel reg/pump combo??? Or should i be changing to the 215 ecu??

If its best to get the 215 ecu, which year is best, i hear the electronics on these things are slightly different from year to year and that could give me grief.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Pete

+1
    Oh and i did do a search but didn't really find an answer.

+1
    Anyone???

Somebody help him out

+1
    You can pretty much do all the same mods to the GTX 185 as you can do to the RXT 215. Just be careful with pushing it past 10 psi of boost without swapping the pistons out for better ones that can handle more heat (215 pistons or aftermarket). There are a few detailed threads from people who have added a lot of mods to their 185 GTX with success. jpeconsult and skoepp are two members that come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Pete1027 View Post
    Hi all,

Im new to the forum and new to PWC's. Just bought my first, a 06 Seadoo GTX SC (185). Keen to do a few basic mods. Now i know the 185 isnt the best base and down the track i will buy something better (RXTX??) but this is my first ski, i got it at a good price and i love it.

I'm quite handy and was hoping to add a rear air intake, xs type intercooler, thru hull exhaust(if i can keep the opas), gut the water box and remove the flame arrester in the manifold. I can do most of this myself and make up the necessary brackets, pipe work etc and as such would not be spending to much money.

Question is, with the above will i be fine with the standard ecu and fuel reg/pump combo??? Or should i be changing to the 215 ecu??

If its best to get the 215 ecu, which year is best, i hear the electronics on these things are slightly different from year to year and that could give me grief.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Pete

Thread Information