Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New SD owner.....questions and saying HI

Hey guys (and gals),

I bought my 1st NEW SeaDoo yesterday. 2012 GTR 215. Had beed riding 96 XP's for years, but recently bought a 98 GSX LTD this summer. Liked the bigger hull so much, I upgraded to the GTR!

After my 1st (1.5 hour) ride yesterday, I have a few questions (yes, I have an owners manual, and WILL read it, but its the 4th of July and I dont wanna read right now.

1st, will it gain power/speed with time? I did give a quick full blast shot and saw 62......seeem right?

2nd, It sure seemed to "handle" funny/goofy" with me, my wife and 7yo daughter on it. I took them for a spin, and at about 20/30 mph, it wanted to "tip"......bars turned left, ski going straight.......seem normal? With just me (210) on it, it rocked.....with another 250lbs, it got weird on me.

Anyways, glad to be on the new Doo (I ride new Ski Doo's too).......any other common mistakes new guys make?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Yes it will open up more. I think most say they notice a significant difference at 5 hours ,and a little more power becomes available once a full 10 hours is reached.
    I would think yes 250 lbs added will make a significant difference in overall handling and stability.
    All sounds normal.

Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    Yes it will open up more. I think most say they notice a significant difference at 5 hours ,and a little more power becomes available once a full 10 hours is reached.
    I would think yes 250 lbs added will make a significant difference in overall handling and stability.
    All sounds normal.
    What can I expect top speed to be with a light load of fuel and fully broken in?

Quote Originally Posted by Flattracker60 View Post
    What can I expect top speed to be with a light load of fuel and fully broken in?
    64-67ish

+1
    Handle bars turned left but ski going straight isn't correct.

You need to align your pump and handle bars.
    With your handle bars straight your pump should be perfect in the center.

+1
    Were you're wife and kid leaning over to see? That will do it too.

I think there may have been some leaning going on, cause with just me on it, it was aligned fine.

Couple of things... yes, for the first 5 hours the GTR 215, the ski is semi-limited... the manual states this. It aslo states that you (on your own) shouldn't run full throttle or at the same RPM for extended periods during the first 10 hours. After that... HAVE FUN, all is game! Sport mode will knock your socks off As far as tracking... I couldn't agree with your experience more. I thought the same thing, with my teenage son on the back, I thought he was leaning back and forth, but he wasn't. It just seems to be a charecteristic of the ski. Once the warranty is out, I'm considering the Cobra fins, but the jury is open on that. I've become accustomed to counter-steering for the back-and-forth and it settles quickly, but for getting it to turn slightly at medium cruising speed is another story... not sure what the answer is there other than "goosing-it" to force redirection.

The GTR is a well set up machine, It should do all of 67 (what the GPS limiter will allow)

I now have 9 hours on it and have seen 67 a few times (once 68 with current).

I dont wanna hold it WOT for long though, but 67 seems to be the #, which is fine by me....lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information