Yamaha SUV conversion ?Donor ski? 2005 RXP???

Was offered an 05 Sea Doo RXP 215hp supercharged donor for $1k with a fragged supercharger. I know there are a TON of cautions that go without saying on "IF" the engine is any good but I was going to just buy it to part it out anyway at that price. As far as SUV conversions go...Questions:

1. Anyone see any reason why this donor motor and rear would be a crappy idea IF the engine is fine after being cleaned out and rebuilt?
    2. Regarding superchargers: Is it mandatory to have a supercharger on this type of motor? Not trying to cheap out by not rebuilding or buying one to replace the fragged one, I just don't need that much power for this SUV fishing machine. I want pure fuel economy.
    3. If it is possible to install something like this without a supercharger and not suffer 1000 different ways, do you just do something to re-tune the "blah blah blah" or whatever you do in order to get it to run efficiently?

My desired result would be to have a 4 stroke ski for the fuel economy and to get a quieter engine with less vibration than this 1200 non-pv. This just happens to be the opportunity that presented itself this week. I believe I'll still buy it to part it out but want to know if this is my new winter 2012/2013 project

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gigem View Post
    Was offered an 05 Sea Doo RXP 215hp supercharged donor for $1k with a fragged supercharger. I know there are a TON of cautions that go without saying on "IF" the engine is any good but I was going to just buy it to part it out anyway at that price. As far as SUV conversions go...Questions:

1. Anyone see any reason why this donor motor and rear would be a crappy idea IF the engine is fine after being cleaned out and rebuilt?
    2. Regarding superchargers: Is it mandatory to have a supercharger on this type of motor? Not trying to cheap out by not rebuilding or buying one to replace the fragged one, I just don't need that much power for this SUV fishing machine. I want pure fuel economy.
    3. If it is possible to install something like this without a supercharger and not suffer 1000 different ways, do you just do something to re-tune the "blah blah blah" or whatever you do in order to get it to run efficiently?

My desired result would be to have a 4 stroke ski for the fuel economy and to get a quieter engine with less vibration than this 1200 non-pv. This just happens to be the opportunity that presented itself this week. I believe I'll still buy it to part it out but want to know if this is my new winter 2012/2013 project
    No reason to not use it except you said it yourself, you don't need that kind of power. What about a VX or FX 140 4 stroke swap? Just my 2 cents.

Yea...this is just the donor that was presented to me at the moment at "the right price" if it isn't a boat anchor. I did some searching and found the answer...Rapidacceleration.com has already done this mod it appears. I'll be scouring for more info as she goes. If I do this and get the engine up and running I may look at more fuel efficient alternatives and work out a swap with someone who wants the power I guess Of course, might be nice to have that power to put my buddie's 04 SUV in the dust when needed as well ha!

Thread Information