Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Orlando Lakes? Which ones?

Any decent lakes around here? I live about 35 seconds from lake Conway, looks pretty big via Goole Earth. Any other decent riding spots around?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Any decent lakes around here? I live about 35 seconds from lake Conway, looks pretty big via Goole Earth. Any other decent riding spots around?
    Mike ,

I know this great lake on I4 and Hwy 98. A bunch of us from Orlando are meeting ther at 9.00 am to go to Tampa and race some really fast cool people.

Whant to come ?

I wish I could of. Im ski-less right now and Im at the mercy of Merita and my crappy schedule. Hopefully it's nice out this weekend because I feel a sickness coming on.

Mike,

I ride Conway all the time. Usually at the second lake. Others to consider: Moss Park off Narcoossee. East Lake Tohoe also off Narccoossee (behind the airport between Orlando and Kissimmee. You also have the Butler chain in Windermere. I hear lake Ivanhoe (?) is popular, although I've never been.

Lake Underhill is too small, try to avoid it at all costs. We also head over to the coast and play in the surf at Ponce Inlet. Feel free to let me know if you ever wanna go for a ride. Here's a pic of my ski:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0212.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	457.9 KB 
ID:	15385  

On Lake Conway I pass over a small canal, the 2 lakes are connected right? it kinda looks like it.

Ive been reading about ZPonce and looks like a fun time. There a launch right off of the 528 and banana river or else it looks like some more near titusville. Hopefully this weather breaks soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    On Lake Conway I pass over a small canal, the 2 lakes are connected right? it kinda looks like it.

Ive been reading about ZPonce and looks like a fun time. There a launch right off of the 528 and banana river or else it looks like some more near titusville. Hopefully this weather breaks soon.
    Conway actually consists of three lakes. The canal between the two front lakes goes under Hoffner road. Then if you come through the first canal into the second if you continue at like 1 O' clock, you'll find the canal to the third lake.

Ponce is great. We launch from the lighthouse area. Much closer than other apms, but you gotta get there early.

come down to tampa. where the real races are

+1
    Yea,

You have not had nothing until you have been GAMEOVERED

wrong i always had fast ski since my firt one back in 97/ you just dont know me before. I been in this busines to long triger to get beat up by a rookie like you look out game just begjn is no over yea. let me know how fast you want to be and my crew can take there. GAME OVER FOR YOU. P/S YOU DADDY

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    Mike,

I ride Conway all the time. Usually at the second lake. Others to consider: Moss Park off Narcoossee. East Lake Tohoe also off Narccoossee (behind the airport between Orlando and Kissimmee. You also have the Butler chain in Windermere. I hear lake Ivanhoe (?) is popular, although I've never been.

Lake Underhill is too small, try to avoid it at all costs. We also head over to the coast and play in the surf at Ponce Inlet. Feel free to let me know if you ever wanna go for a ride. Here's a pic of my ski:
    Mike,

That's my neck of the woods, let me know if you ever make it out.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information