Need opinion on coolant leak

Hey guys, and hello old friend green hulk. It's been a while, but this website has helped me a lot. And im back for more help . I brought my sky to a shop because im very busy with work. I asked them to see where my coolant keeps going, because every time i take it out after 3-4 hours of none stop riding its almost gone. The guy said there is a head gasket problem. At high temperatures only it starts leaking ? Could this be true? And he is trying to charge me like 1500$, i know its not a easy or small job. But I have a friend who works on motors and he woulds do it for me. My question is how long does it take to change a head gasket with all proper tools and do you need to pull the motor out because I really dont want to !!! Thank you guys

You do not have to pull the engine out to do it. It sounds like that may be your problem. Few hours work if you have done one before.

thank you 8 for your time. Glad to hear that i dont have to pull the motor out. I have replaced front and rear oil pumps and split the bottom engine because my sc washers went. I just dont have time to work on the head and not to mention to time everything after words. so i got a buddy who works on quads, cars, dirt bikes, street bikes. Im sure its same concept for replacing head gasket. Thank you once again

Thread Information