Help with keihin triple carbs

Guys I have a viral tx .ive just done a full engine rebuild on it and I've got it back in the hull.but I have no idea about carbs at all. I've hooked the oil pump line the choke cable and the throttle back up but now I can only move the throttle about 1 cm with the trigger .I tried just moving the housing it goes into just with my hands and the same it hardly moves .it feels like something is stopping it somewhere. Any help would be great

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasthecase View Post
    Guys I have a viral tx .ive just done a full engine rebuild on it and I've got it back in the hull.but I have no idea about carbs at all. I've hooked the oil pump line the choke cable and the throttle back up but now I can only move the throttle about 1 cm with the trigger .I tried just moving the housing it goes into just with my hands and the same it hardly moves .it feels like something is stopping it somewhere. Any help would be great

Cheers
    Eliminate the oil pump and choke cables by removing them first. Connect only the throttle cable, then check throttle response make sure carbs are opening. If that checks out proceed to the choke cable, doing the same thing then the oil pump cable. Process of elimination will get you to the bottom of it. At a guess I would say you have either connected cables to the wrong spot or you haven't got the oil pump cable on correctly which is limiting the cable response from the throttle.

Thanks for the fast response mate. For memory even with no cables attached the housing only moves less than a cm

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    with no cables hooked up and the throttle doesn't seem to want to open i'd check to make sure the base gaskets are lined up and not installed crooked and thats what the throttle blades are hitting

TX you are a genius . After writing my post i went down and pulled them back off re aligned and put them back on and she was as good as gold . So thank you . So next problem is Ive now got all the engine and everything back in place . Any one know how i prime the oil to come up the lines before i re attach them to the carbs . Ive been told its critical to male sure the oil lines are full before i re connect them ! Any help again would be great...

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    on top of the oil pump is a 5/16 screw with a phillips inside.remove it and the oil will flow out and prime the pump.it takes a little while for the lines from the pump to the carbs to fill,un hook the oil pump cable from the carbs,that puts the oil pump in wot position for max oil flow.you can leave one of the oil lines off one of the carbs and watch for oil to flow while its idling.i will pour a little oil down each carb throat about every 5 seconds.shut it off,dribble some oil,then restart if after 5 seconds oil doesn't come out the oil line shut it off and repeat till it does.if after 6-7 tries you might need to carry it to water to keep the pump and motor cool.

Thanks for ur time mate I will do that today. Just need some new plugs I threw the when I took the old engine out. Pretty pumped to have a new engine. Really hope it starts.any thing esle I should do or check before I fire it up for the first time?

Thread Information