+1

a warning about reverse!

Had a not so great experience the other day...

Was out on our RXP and Wake the other day and went to switch with my brother. I was riding the Wake, pulling up to the RXP, put it in reverse, touched throttle and the wake popped back into forward and headed for the middle of the RXP. Luckily I was able to turn and miss my brothers leg but managed to take a bite out of the fiberglass up front.

Turns out the reverse bucket had snapped on the Wake where it mounts to the steering nozzle causing the pump pressure to force it back into forward. Just a heads up to check your buckets for cracks! Not sure how common this problem is.

Also a good learning lesson that you should always keep your hand on the reverse lever. Probably would have stopped it from going back into forward

+1
    Not a common problem unless you or someone abuse the reverse system...Like pulling reverse at 40mph....

+1
    Thats why the new ones with iBR are a metal bucket! I have seen a plastic one shredded when a mate pulled it at about 60mph

Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    Had a not so great experience the other day...

Was out on our RXP and Wake the other day and went to switch with my brother. I was riding the Wake, pulling up to the RXP, put it in reverse, touched throttle and the wake popped back into forward and headed for the middle of the RXP. Luckily I was able to turn and miss my brothers leg but managed to take a bite out of the fiberglass up front.

Turns out the reverse bucket had snapped on the Wake where it mounts to the steering nozzle causing the pump pressure to force it back into forward. Just a heads up to check your buckets for cracks! Not sure how common this problem is.

Also a good learning lesson that you should always keep your hand on the reverse lever. Probably would have stopped it from going back into forward
    I don't know if there is a difference between years, but if you don't hold the lever and give it gas it does go into F.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    my 06 will do it if you dont have it completely engaged. but then again I always have my hand on the lever just in case.

+1
    Good info for my kids...My wife said one trip out - the ski is only going like 45 mph(2stroke GTI) I looked at the handle and it was 1/4 up towards reverse

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    not a common problem unless you or someone abuse the reverse system...like pulling reverse at 40mph....
    dive, dive, dive!!

+1
    Never pulled reverse over 5 mph.

It's just one of those things I learned my lesson on. Anything that can happen will happen!

Well I pulled reverse and it got stuck in reverse, and than I started sinking lol thru hill fitting shattered..

+1
    IBR lowers the bucket when at speed, I guess that is why it is steel. And yes it does DIVE at any speed greater than 15mph.

Thread Information