Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Looking to buy new PWC narrowed down to either FX SHO or ULTRA 300X

I have a Yamaha XLT 1200 since 2005 and I do some riding in river and bay but then usually go out in the ocean almost every run I do with my pwc.
    How do the FX SHO or ULTRA 300X compare in terms of yearly or 100 hours of operation maintenace cost for saltwater use, rougth water and open water stability and performace,top speed stock with and with speed governor overide,acceleration 0-30 and 0-60 and lbs of thrust output on stock machines?

Banned User
    +1
    You will not find a better rough water ski then the 300 and it's not even comparable to the sho. Maintience wise for 100 hrs change your plugs once maybe twice. 2 exh filters and 20 hr oil changes. You can download the owners manual on Kawi site. But maintenance wise the 309 has done very well so far.

+1
    another post that will get beaten to a pulp kawasaki votes here yamaha votes there

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guncollector View Post
    top speed stock with and with speed governor overide
    73 -74 with the override, advantage: 300

acceleration 0-30 and 0-60
    Haven't seen these times posted but the 300 will walk away easily, advantage: 300

lbs of thrust output on stock machines?
    1769 lbs - advantage 300

The SHO may have a maintenance advantage, although the 300 has been proven to be reliable if you take care of it and leave it near stock

I'd like to hear more about your gun collection - welcome to the forum

If you want a muscular ski, get the 300x. If you want a more reliable one, get Yamaha FZR/FZS. I have both of them and like them both. Vincent

+1
    some of us dont have a problem with the reliabilty of the 300 witnessed my fair share of junked yamahas, so i think the point is mute!!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    If you want a muscular ski, get the 300x. If you want a more reliable one, get Yamaha FZR/FZS. I have both of them and like them both. Vincent
    Tell that to a buddy of mine who's 2011 fzr shit the clutch at 3 hrs on a STOCK ski.

Waz

Do you know how fast the FX SHO can go on governor override,need to know how many mph 300 Ultra is faster?

Also can't find max thrust rating for FX SHO,how much more max lbs of thrust output 300 Ultra has?

Also confused about empty dry weight of 300 Ultra and FX SHO,I have read some sources say 300 Ultra weighs 1000+ while other sources 800+,is it really 200lbs heavier then the FX SHO with all the neccessary internal liquids and both boats with full tank of gas or empty?

I have a nice collection of military surplus rifles, SVD,SVT 40's,SKS's ,Mosin Nagants,Mausers,Enfields,Arisakas,FN 49,AG 42,MAS 44 and some other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Wylie Skis View Post
    73 -74 with the override, advantage: 300

Haven't seen these times posted but the 300 will walk away easily, advantage: 300

1769 lbs - advantage 300

The SHO may have a maintenance advantage, although the 300 has been proven to be reliable if you take care of it and leave it near stock

I'd like to hear more about your gun collection - welcome to the forum

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guncollector View Post
    Do you know how fast the FX SHO can go on governor override,need to know how many mph 300 Ultra is faster?
    300 is limited to ~67, I think the SHO is about the same stock - the override is a whopping $200 and easy to install

how much more max lbs of thrust output 300 Ultra has?
    Not seeing the SHO number posted either, but the 300 has a larger pump and more thrust

Also confused about empty dry weight of 300 Ultra and FX SHO,I have read some sources say 300 Ultra weighs 1000+
    The dry weight of the 300 is about 900, SHO is about 850 - the weight on the Kawasaki website is full of fluids

I have a nice collection of military surplus rifles, SVD,SVT 40's,SKS's ,Mosin Nagants,Mausers,Enfields,Arisakas,FN 49,AG 42,MAS 44 and some other stuff
    Sounds like fun, I enjoy tactical shotguns

73-74 mph for the 300 Ultra is true gps speed with 1/4 tank and with no other mods other than the speed governor overide? What is the speed of the 2012 FX SHO with the speed governor overide and same conditions and no other mods? Will the governor overide completely screw up the warranty or you can simply remove it if you get mechanical problems?

I have mostly rifles in my collection but I have 2 12 gauge shotguns,one is benelli nova pump and other is an AK 12,thats one hell of a shotgun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Wylie Skis View Post
    300 is limited to ~67, I think the SHO is about the same stock - the override is a whopping $200 and easy to install

Not seeing the SHO number posted either, but the 300 has a larger pump and more thrust

The dry weight of the 300 is about 900, SHO is about 850 - the weight on the Kawasaki website is full of fluids

Sounds like fun, I enjoy tactical shotguns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information