Honda Aquatrax R-12x turbo mechanic.

I live in Largo and my 2005 Honda R-12x turbo loses power when it heats up and it dies leaving me stranded. Any good mechanics in the 33774 area who can tell me what the warning light code is and can maybe fix it? Any1 elsehad this problem b4? Thanks, Charles

+1
    Do you get a overtemperature indication on the dash? Does it die or just buck up/down until you reset the laynard?
    I have a thread on PWCtoday.com in the Honda section that you should read titled "30 minutes can save you thousands" that will help you out.

I have been reading several similar post where it seems it is the turbo inter-cooler getting to hot from not enough water flow. You may need to disconnect the hoses where the water goes in and flush it out.

Hello and thanks for your response. The alarm sounds and then it stays running but on at 5 mph top speed. I shut it down and restart and it does the same thing. I just bought the ski from a guy from Jet Ski Junkies and he says its never done this for him. I will try and find your thread and read it.

I will try that thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOIZE View Post
    Hello and thanks for your response. The alarm sounds and then it stays running but on at 5 mph top speed. I shut it down and restart and it does the same thing. I just bought the ski from a guy from Jet Ski Junkies and he says its never done this for him. I will try and find your thread and read it.
    Hmmmmm sorry to hear that. Did you get a chance to test ride it for long before buying it? If not then more than likely it did do it before. The intercooler flush is pretty simple to do.
    The 30 minutes can save you thousands is a good read, defiantly worth looking into.

Thread Information