Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more air

more air

ok so i was at the lake yesterday and the water was very calm and rare for it to be like that so i decided to take my front bucket and access panel off and the rear seat and give a few runs im sure others have done this but i wanted to give it a go lol first off just the sound was better first run dead stop even with the solas prop seemed to pull alot harder and had a 100 rpm gain 7340 gps 69.4 went back put everything back on and did another run could def tell it didnt pull as hard off the line rpm 7240 gps 68.8 last time everything back off this time i actually lifted the hood above my head and did a run sound was even better lol takeoff again felt so much better all the way to top end gps 69.7 rpm 7380 i wish the ski would run like that all the time without having to remove everything and getting water intrusion i even noticed that the motor was cooler even the exuast manifold was warm to the touch and not burning hot so i guess these motors do love fresh air

+1.
    Every I/C motor loves fresh air.

+1
    i posted all the info for this last week

Are you going to remove the 2 plastic tubes in the rear to allow hot air to escape easier? Vincent

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Are you going to remove the 2 plastic tubes in the rear to allow hot air to escape easier? Vincent
    Sorry but only a FOOLISH person would FULLY remove any of the tubes , it makes your ski sink faster than a rock

their are ways that I and other have posted on here how you can get 25-30% more fresh SAFE air into these hulls

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by XO1 SC View Post
    ...i decided to take my front bucket and access panel off and the rear seat and give a few runs im sure others have done this...
    I think Olomana was one of the first to say he went around a lagoon with no seat and no bucket and picked up 3/4 mph! The problem I saw with it is where do you sit? When I tried it I forgot no seat and almost melted my neoprene. But, I got charge out of it because NJ came on and said no sense comparing speed with no seat because who rides that way in real world? I just decided it was not worth the trouble for 3/4 mph and compromised water seal!

I just did this in a controlled matter just to c if it made a difference waz Ive had the rear tubes removed for awhile now but I dont ever plan on flipping my ski I hope anyway but ill look at ur and corys mods because fresh air def makes a difference

+1
    I removed my rear tubes yesterday but i had to drill the rivets out and pull the incerts and hose up through the hole,for some reason my clamps were turned where the bolt head to loosen the clamp was up against the back of the hull! There was no way to get a driver or socket on it.Once i got them out i riveted them back on. Now im going to cut the hoses to where they hang straight downabout 6-8 inches from the bottom of hull. Going to shorten my front hoses the same way and also remove th access panel to the front air hoses.This should give a little more cool air without to much risk of water ingestion.
    In 20+ years of riding i have never flipped a ski upside down,Guess im not riding aggressive enough HUH!!!!!

I was thinkin the same thing I ride pretty aggresive but honestly dont c how anyone could flip an ultra maybe im not riding hard enough!! Lol

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    when you ride in the ocean and play in the waves jumping or coming close to the beach breaks trust me , its easier than you think

I was flapping around getting smashed buy waves abd believe it or not my ski stayed upside down because the air pockets in the foot wells

and I had about 1/3 of the engine bay full when I turned it over , had to beach it and drain the hull , as the supercharger belt was slipping so bad I couldnt drive away to self siphon the hull.

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information