Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have a couple of questions about GPRXP

I'm thinking of building a GPRXP soon and I have a couple questions.
    1.)How does the ski handle in the rough? I ride in the bay and it is always rough so I need something that can handle the slop.
    2.)How much time does it take to complete the build?

Thanks for the help

+1
    Longest part of the whole thing is waiting for a paint shop to be free and then paint it, if you choose to go that route. If you know what you're doing, you can build it in a couple of days..... Gathering parts takes some time too.

IMO, the GPR is not great for rough water. Yes, you can adjust it for the rough as mine is setup for that but it will still never handle the snot as well as one of the newer, bigger skis.

+1
    For quesition #2 it depends on your mechanical abilities..... I can build one (when my shop is set up I just moved) in a weekend if i have all the parts......

For question one depends on your set up but if you like a GPR then you will love a GPR with a lot more power....

+1
    How does it handle the chop? Well it's still a GPR do it's light & still bounces around, but as you need a lit less plate angle for top speed in these than a 2 stroke set up you don't really need to change setups to ride the bay from the flat water setup (unless all you do is ride chop). But with these ski's you have a great top speed ski, a great wave jumping ski & an ok ski in small//medium chop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    For quesition #2 it depends on your mechanical abilities..... I can build one (when my shop is set up I just moved) in a weekend if i have all the parts......

For question one depends on your set up but if you like a GPR then you will love a GPR with a lot more power....
    Wow, two days is really fast. I have two days in stripping the ski down to a shell, doing the pump shoe, transom, Pump tunnel reinforcement, pressure reliefs, making the hull cuts ect. Duke and I had another day in building the motor. Once that was done lots of time was spent making brackets, fitting the guage into the dash ect. I guess it could be done, but what about beer breaks.... I would say a nice pace would be a week, and they are NEVER done......

+1
    Slapping a ski together could be done in two or three days, Building a safe, reliable & sorted ski takes a lot longer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    Slapping a ski together could be done in two or three days, Building a safe, reliable & sorted ski takes a lot longer.
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    I was trying to be nice, lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    I was trying to be nice, lol
    Gee thanks guys.... WOW I guess I must be wrong (wait I dont drink so no beer breaks)..... your all right it takes as long as it takes.

Damn guys what did I ever do to you no wonder all these threads turn into shit storms.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    Gee thanks guys.... WOW I guess I must be wrong (wait I dont drink so no beer breaks)..... your all right it takes as long as it takes.

Damn guys what did I ever do to you no wonder all these threads turn into shit storms.......
    I appologize, I don't know your abilities. I know I couldn't do it, I know my limitations. I am way too anal about my stuff. Everything has to be so so. Ask anyone that I ride with or who knows me. I have half a day into mounting my intercooler, everything had to be just right. I can tell you I have about 15 hrs on my recent build and other than a bad oil cooler, I have had zero issues with it. Duke and I just added vts to it last weekend just to make it a better ride. It will always be a work in progress. Its nothing against you at all, and I feel bad now that I look back at my post.

On a side note, I see you are from Birmingham. My parents live there. Maybe the next time I go to visit, I'll bring the ski and we can do some riding?
    Last edited by vspec1; 07-10-2012 at 09:03 PM.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information