Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dry suit questions

keep in mind I have never used or even looked closely at a dry suit since they dont sell many around here. Im looking to buy one so I can ride most of the year. First question is what do you look for in a suit? I have searched the forum and found I need the zipper in the front (since nobody else will ride with me in January)

I see alot of them dont have feet built in, but you can get boots for them. Does the water not go right down the boot and get your feet wet?

Are the cuffs around the wrist, ankles and collars really able to keep all the water out or does it just keep most out?
    What mil should I look for?
    What material (Ive seen neoprene, rubber, and nylon).
    Should it fit tight and form fitting or loose enough to wear insulated clothes?
    Thats a good start, im sure I will come up with another question or ten later. Thanks.

+1
    kevin check e mail..keep getting timed out my computer's not well
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 01-28-2007 at 07:16 AM.

+1
    I use an o'neal hybrid assault to wake board and jet ski in the winter...it keeps the water out..soft rubber cuffs on neck,feet,and hands....the zipper located on rear shoulders is not very good when you need to pee,cause you have to have a friend un-zip you, or do like i do and get a long lanyard and attach it to zipper, you can hook lanyard to your trailer or other object to un-zip. Dry suits are great in winter because you can not feel the water,only on feet,hands,and face...there are some exposure suits on e-bay that look good and they have a zipper in front. If you only ride a ski then the ones with the booties built in are ok. also make sure you get a scuba hood and trim it around the neck so you dont choke,as the dry suit is pretty tight around the neck......the baggy one's catch more wind but you can layer clothes underneath..

I use the o'neal hybrid assault as well. It is very comfortable. Hook a rope or wistle strap and you can open and close the back zipper

Keep and eye on ebay. I picked up a sailing drysuit for less than a hundred dollars this past fall. The suit had never been used and was still in the original bag.

After using a wetsuit for years and switching to a drysuit there's no comparison. The dry suit is much more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.

Here's a link for a military style drysuit that's made of gore-tex. It's not great to look at but the gore-tex would be nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lightweight-Gore...QQcmdZViewItem

What thickness or mil should I be looking for if water is say 35-55 degrees.
    Thanks guys im getting it narrowed down.

This is what we use in the UK to ski all year round. Go for a breathable one, with the rubber sock thingys (not the seals) and front sip. Just wear a wolly bear (big baby grow) and some good socks underneath to keep warm.

http://www.crewsaver.co.uk/crewsaver.../drysuits.htm#

http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/Produ...tegoryID/74/v/

+1
    hi porksword, yes the front zipped crewsaver with thin rubber socks built on are very good, you just put your boots on over the top, and you can still waterski or wakeboard when you take your boots off without getting your feet wet, get one big enough so you can have plenty of room to move about, even the gull breathable is the same spec, there a must when it gets chilly, and even better when you've finished ski'ing cos you can just undress in front of any spectators, without scratting behind the truck. ps dont forget when you've had a beer your in a dryyyyy suit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    hi porksword, yes the front zipped crewsaver with thin rubber socks built on are very good, you just put your boots on over the top, and you can still waterski or wakeboard when you take your boots off without getting your feet wet, get one big enough so you can have plenty of room to move about, even the gull breathable is the same spec, there a must when it gets chilly, and even better when you've finished ski'ing cos you can just undress in front of any spectators, without scratting behind the truck. ps dont forget when you've had a beer your in a dryyyyy suit.
    eBay.co.uk: GUL INFRA DRYSUIT- FRONT ZIP- LATEST MODEL sizes large (item 32007 i suppose this guy would post one to you. regards bill

Thanks guys, those suits look good. I know a euro is worth more than a dollar but I dont know how much more. In dollars whats 230 euros?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information