Thread: The Freak Of Nature
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM #1
The Freak Of Nature
This is a very hard decision but due to pursuing other interests, and also a non-ski related back injury (herniated L3/L4/L5) I have decided to place the ski up for sale. Before I get started I want to be very clear about my intentions. I will not sell one part off of this ski and it will not be parted out. Also I want to make sure that whoever considers purchasing this ski that you know exactly what you are buying. I will not sell this ski to anyone who I would consider new to riding or the sport, I am not in any bind or desperate to sell anything.
There are many one-off parts that have not been built or duplicated. I have also spent countless hours on this build/ski. I have over 400 pictures of the entire process that can be viewed by the potential buyer upon request.
This ski has run 97.1 MPH (No key board racing here guys) on the seat with the tabs and plate locked down and 20 lbs of boost on pump gas. The ski has also made a 106 mile ride without any issues. Believe it or not it is very versatile for being built like it is. The turbo is capable of 26+ pounds of boost with proper map tuning but to be honest it is not necessary. There are 2 very reputable people on this forum who have ridden the ski since the rebuild and they can vouch for what they experienced if requested. There is definitely more speed in it but I do not have the desire to take the risk to find out. I am sure there are faster ski’s out there but I promise this one will make your legs weak. I am not sure if you ever get used to it, I know that I haven’t.
I have documented over $**,*** (its embarrassing) invested in the ski and that does not include any labor. I am fully aware that there is a very limited market to sell this ski, and do not expect to get what I have in it. Currently I would like to see someone in the states purchase the ski so I can spend the proper amount of time to familiarize them with everything. No joy rides or sponson kickers please.
It has definitely been an awesome experience.
I do not spend much time on the forum anymore so please send inquiries to my email address email@example.com.
(Professional assembly completed May 2011)
· 10 hour BRP Block (Bored & honed .010 over).
· 10 hour BRP Crank (Verified Balanced).
· New BRP Rods with ARP Studs.
· Billet block guard.
· New BRP Flywheel with ARP Studs.
· Rotax Racing light weight CAM 4224.
· Rotax Racing lightened cam sprocket.
· New 8:4.1 Forged Pistons.
· New Head (Brand new, never touched, decked, or cut). Conservatively custom ported, low compression.
· Ferrea oversize lightweight valves.
· New valve guides.
· Ferrea springs.
· New Titanium retainers.
· New Cometic head gasket.
· New ARP head studs.
· New BRP rocker shaft assembly with ARP Studs.
· New oil pumps, front and rear housings, seals, bolts and screens.
· 10 hour exhaust manifold drilled and tapped with custom EGT probes.
· Turbo Tech Fuel Rail with billet AN connections.
· Siemens Deka (3105) 86lb/hr injectors (flow tested and certified).
· Every hose, S.S. gear clamp/T-Bolt clamps, tubing connectors, & S.S. braided hose is brand new.
· Custom Aluminum Manifold with integrated intercooler, Intercooler is brand new.
· Custom fabricated stainless steel heavy wall water jacketed/cooled turbo pipe with all new stainless steel flanges for turbo and waste gate (replaces J-Pipe).
· Three way billet aluminum water manifold cooling for pipe with integrated adjustable cooling valve for engine oil cooler.
· Custom stainless steel turbo support brackets with hardware.
· Custom heavy duty intermediate shaft support.
· Custom heavy duty battery retaining bracket with sealed gel battery.
· Custom cut & painted cowlings with 6 angled gauge pods.
o Auto Meter Boost
o Auto Meter Oil Temperature (Electric)
o Auto Meter Oil Pressure
o Auto Meter Fuel Pressure
o Auto Meter Water Temperature (Electric)
o Auto Meter Tunnel Pressure
· Other gauges:
o Innovate Motor Sports MTX-L Wideband AFR (Digital).
o Turbo Smart E-Boost 2 electric boost.
· Authentic (mint condition) Carbon Fiber Bullet seat with integrated Carbon Fiber seat pan, stainless steel hardware, custom paint and Jet Trim seat cover.
· Custom fabricated locking seat pin (to be used when parked on trailer to secure seat and engine compartment).
· Custom aluminum intake piping with new Tial connectors.
· Custom billet aluminum locking gas cap.
· Turbo Tech Billet oil fill cap.
· GReddy Billet catch can.
· Precision Turbo which is basically a Garrett GT 2872. The full specs are as follows:· Precision Turbo PTB 5031 (T-3 ball bearing water and oil cooled)
· Compressor wheel is 54mm measured @ the inducer with 50 trim and .60AR housing.
· Center section is ball bearing water & oil cooled T31.
· Turbine wheel is 57mm measured @ the exducer with .63AR housing.
· 50mm Tial wastegate & 50 mm Tial BOV.
· Turbo Smart E-Boost 2 electronic boost controller (fully adjustable and programmable with 5 different personal menu preset boost levels).
· Rotax Racing IGNI Power Racing Ignition.
· Custom Mapping preferences.
· EGT Monitoring option with probes.
· Custom ECU mounting with secured/loomed wiring.
· 2000 Yamaha GPR
· New Yamaha OEM rub rail.
· New Yamaha OEM intermediate shaft bearing carrier and seals.
· Custom integrated rear hole shot kit.
· Carbon Fiber Wind Screen.
· UMI Billet Steering.
· UMI Billet Throttle.
· Original AZONIC Billet fat bars.
· ODI Rogue Grips with billet locking retainer caps.
· New Yamaha OEM trim cables with custom heat shield.
· New Yamaha OEM steering cables with custom heat shield.
· Yamaha sponsons.
· Yamaha trim tabs.
· Custom cut R&D ride plate.
· Yamaha HO Pump
· Yamaha 2” extension with (2) 3/8 jetworx & (2) ˝ brass piped with 1” pressure relief valves.
· Custom pitched Solas prop.
· Custom pump shoe with pressure relief.
· New Yamaha OEM transom plate.
· Custom Billet Intake grate mount with stainless steel hardware.
· Custom Stainless Steel intake grate.
· Dual 500 GPH Rule Bilge Pumps.
Last edited by TheDome; 07-21-2012 at 09:07 PM.
07-06-2012, 11:49 PM #2
07-06-2012, 11:56 PM #3
Who ever gets this ski will get a ski that looks as good as it runs. I have personally rode with Todd on many occasions, including the 106 mile ride and I can attest that it is well worth whatever he ask for it.
Good luck with the sale.
07-07-2012, 09:03 AM #4
07-07-2012, 04:22 PM #5
- Join Date
- May 2012
what are you asking?
07-07-2012, 05:35 PM #6
- Join Date
- May 2012
what are you asking?
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM #7
07-07-2012, 09:46 PM #8
Ski is is a work of art Todd. You and WFO really put your hearts into this ski and absolutely one of the best out there!!
Sucks to see ya sell it and was really hoping to see you and Chrissy at MB this year.
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM #9
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM #10
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Elephant Butte New Mexico
on an unrelated to the ski issue..for l4/5 heriantion see if you have a doc in town with a DXR system..it kept me out of surgery and insurance covered it 95. I'm still happy and active ( ok..now and then I screw it up..but back surgery is alwayys a 50-50 chance based on surgeon skill, genetics and your previous lifestyle.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)