Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Major Seadoo RXT X 260 problems

Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 RXT X 260, was out in the ocean yesterday afternoon buzzing around, ski was running sweet then for no reason check engine light and exhaust high temp lights come on. I proceed to try and get back to boat ramp with limited power, ski has now gone into limp home mode. Due to slow speed rear of ski sitting well down in water, starts taking on water into rear of ski I suspect, lose all power to electrical system ski then proceed's to sink. Bail off ski swim to shore thinking that's the end of ski, go back this morning with mate's to area where this happened, ski has washed onto shore completely water logged major damage to various parts of ski, tow back to ramp now engine seems seized. Suspect hydraulic lock in engine, electrical system seems to be operating though. Had check engine light come on once before dealer replaced sensor, have also had cluster and dash replaced under warranty, now looks as though an insurance claim is the only option. Any one have any idea's what may have caused this fuk up.

Cheers.

Hose come off?

+1
    Jeez man, that sucks. Sorry to hear! Sounds like your exhaust Hose might have come off! You need to act now and remove the water from the cylinders, given that it sunk in salt water, I fear corrosion might have already destroyed your cylinders.
    Remove spark plugs and turn the motor over to remove water from cylinders. Read the how-to procedure on what to do after your engine has flooded with water.

+1
    Water supply hose clamp popped off? The engine was not getting cooling water to the exhaust manifold and waterbox, causing the over temp. I had the little hose from the pump (10 o'clock position) clamp come off once, showing same symptoms. In your case it is inside the hull, giving you that sinking feeling..........

This is another classic reason to install 1-2 bilge pumps!

Sure enough I dig all the sand out from around the water pump and the housing that the inlet hose clamps to has fully snapped of the pump, causing the pump to receive no water as well as bring water into the hull, hence that sinking feeling. The ski is only 5 months old and still under warranty, do you think seadoo will warrant this, ski may be a complete write off by the looks of it.

+1
    Depends on the dealership. I would surely think your insurance would cover it completely if they don't.

Sorry for your loss!

+1
    Glad you were ok.

Everything else can be replaced.

+1

+1
    I saw the damage for myself yesterday. The ski looks pretty bad. Missing a mirror and part of the front compartment lid. Half of the ski looks like it has been sand blasted. The dip stick showed also most completely full the top of the motor. Engine will not turn over.

I don't know much about Seadoos or how that water pump works, but the part that broke shouldn't have. I can not believe that these things come with no bilge system. In Australia there are safety things that you must carry on you at all times. I think a bilge should be part of that list.

I own a FZS and will be installing a second bilge on my ski ASAP. With it's own switch and a 15 amp fuse.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by db2540 View Post
    I saw the damage for myself yesterday. The ski looks pretty bad. Missing a mirror and part of the front compartment lid. Half of the ski looks like it has been sand blasted. The dip stick showed also most completely full the top of the motor. Engine will not turn over.

I don't know much about Seadoos or how that water pump works, but the part that broke shouldn't have. I can not believe that these things come with no bilge system. In Australia there are safety things that you must carry on you at all times. I think a bilge should be part of that list.

I own a FZS and will be installing a second bilge on my ski ASAP. With it's own switch and a 15 amp fuse.

I couldn't agree with you more! It continues to amaze me that people will spend $12,000-14,000 on a PWC and NOT spend a $100 to install the smartest safety device on the water. And yes it is irresponsible for any PWC company not to install 1-2 bilge pumps on every PWC. I have owned 3 bass boats in my life and all 3 of them have had 2 bilge pumps each. There is thread after thread about guys skis sinking for various reasons, and none of them had bilge pumps. There have also been numerous success stories on this site of how bilge pumps saved guys skis, allowing them to get back to the ramp or shore without sinking. I know this sounds like a rant but,.........I guess you can't fix stupid!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information