Noob looking to buy and got a few ???'s

Been scouring the boards for a few weeks now, doing tons of searches and just reading back 10+ pages of threads.

Co-Worker of mine has an 05' FXHO which me and another co worker have been able to ride a little bit in the last few months. I've been wanting a Ski for 6+ yrs and now my other friend is hooked. So we're both looking at picking up FXHO's each. Though i'm still a little bit on the fence now, also starting to looking at the STX 15F.

We did our first scouting trip yesterday, went down to Jet Ski of Miami and MotorSport USA. Did some talking and negotiating and best we could get was 10,300, Aluminum Trailer for $680, and a gear pkg from Jet Ski Miami. And the best number would could get out of Motorsport was 11,800 out the door with a gal trailer, gear pkg, and they were tossing their PDI charge out the window. My friend who already owns an FXHO bought his from MotorSport in 05. This was all for offering to take two ski's off their hands at one time.

Neither had any left over 06's which would have been nice, specially since i like the 06 Blue FXHO better than the black yellow and red 07's. These deals any good? They really wouldn't budge much, but it was our first outing. We plan to hit most of the shops down here and the Boat show is coming up on Feb 15th.

Anybody have any suggestions on good shops to go to or anybody that gives forum members deals?

Really appreciate any info, thanx alot!

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

+1

Click image for LARGER VIEW
    Price: $9,889.00Yamaha 2007 FX HIGH OUTPUT
    Stock # FX1100FR

The FX High Output is the Waverunner that leads the pack. While other PWC's simpply added more horsepower to compensate for their shortcomings, the FX High Output added performance where it really counts - everywhere.

Length: 10' 9"
    Horsepower: 160.00
    Year: 2007
    Type: Personal Watercraft

Click Here To REQUEST MORE INFORMATION

Click image for LARGER VIEW
    Price: $10,528.00
    5 YEARS OF FACTORY WARRANTY
    Yamaha 2007 FX HIGH OUTPUT
    Stock # FX1100FR-5

The FX High Output is the Waverunner that leads the pack. While other PWC's simpply added more horsepower to compensate for their shortcomings, the FX High Output added performance where it really counts - everywhere. 5 YEARS OF FACTORY WARRANTY (1 YEAR PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 4 YEARS)

Length: 10' 9"
    Horsepower: 160.00
    Year: 2006
    Type: Personal Watercraft

Click Here To REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
    WELCOME TO BEST PLACE ON WEB

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum
    Thanx man!

Wow,

So how exactly does Boats.net work? Checking out their site now. I definitely have no problem driving up to Lake Placid to pick up the ski for that much of a discount! Thats an great price. The 5 year warranty price is great too, gotta see if they offer 3 year for a bit less. Would i be able to get a trailer through them too? Sorry if all this info is on their site, just a bit blown away by the price, thats closer to the price i was expecting to negociate since we're buying two at once.

Are they basically a volume big volume dealer? Also how would it work with getting service going to a local dealer that I didn't buy from? From what i hear its a bit worse having to deal with that than even the car industry is.

Thanx for the great link, anybody else vouch for Boats.net???

Most dealers, be it cars, skis, atvs, ect make the majority of there money in there mechanic shops. If it is covered under the Yamaha warranty then the Yamaha dealer will be glad to fix it reguardless of where it was purchased. A ski purchased at that dealer would probably get preference. Like if you and another customer brought your ski in at the same time, the customer that purchased it there would get his back first.

Thanx Porksword,

Thats fine by me as long as I'm not denied service or treated really badly.

Also does anybody have information or details on Yamaha's current Financing deal? The 0 down/$69mth/7.9% for 24mth thing? I plan on paying much more towards the ski monthly, just wondering what experiences and opinions were on this deal?

Also one of the dealers couldn't really give me accurate info on what would happen to figure out your payments after the intial 24mths......

+1
    i found out the hard way, i put down 2k on my 05 gpr, and used the factory financing. ya know zero down ,zero percent interest for the first year blah blah. well it turns out because i put down 2k, that didnt apply to me, my statment came in the mail and there was some ridiculous finance charge and monthly interest fee. so i call and was told that the quotes given are for just that zero down. so i just paid it off the next month or so after that. it was total bs. make sure you find out the small print

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKMYWAKE View Post
    i found out the hard way, i put down 2k on my 05 gpr, and used the factory financing. ya know zero down ,zero percent interest for the first year blah blah. well it turns out because i put down 2k, that didnt apply to me, my statment came in the mail and there was some ridiculous finance charge and monthly interest fee. so i call and was told that the quotes given are for just that zero down. so i just paid it off the next month or so after that. it was total bs. make sure you find out the small print
    Ouch, yeah i'll definitely have all the details before I drive away with my Ski. Thanx for the heads up though.

Thread Information