Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300x 4,700 - 5,200 rpm vibration AGAIN ! Riva free flow exhaust the answer ??

This vibration is down right annoying. It starts at about 4,700 rpm and goes to about 5,200 rpm. I have tried 2 other 300's and all 3 do it, but mine is the worst out of the bunch. While checking the exhaust filter and cleaning out the I.C. I added a second rubber strap and saw one of the rubber pads had vibrated off, so I re-glued that in place, the vibration seemed to be a bit less. Well, the vibration is back in full force, I pulled the rear plastic seat bracket off and both rubber straps are still in place.

We started riding on a local lake again, the speed limit is 45mph and of course this is where the vibration is the absolute worst. I saw someone had glued silicone pot holders to their water box to ease up the vibration.

I'm willing to pull out the i.c. and water box again to add the pot holders, but doubt it will elimiate the vibration, I was considering the Riva free flow exhaust as a possible solution ? I really wanna keep the ski stock and have no interest in the Riva exhaust but if it will totally eliminate the vibration and not mess up my ski I would probably go ahead and get one. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    All I will say is try the material under the box , because it has stop the vibe on atleast 5 x 300x skies I work on.

The riva is just another waste of money from them

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    If you ride fast enough it don't vibrate

Honestly I have never felt the vibration some talk about but then again I don't sit on my seat Ether.

+1
    same tommy never come across it yet

Thanks, I will go ahead and try adding material under the box. Any preference to which material you could point me to Waz ?

Good question,what type of material??and what to do with it?

I ended up getting the silicone pot holders installing this week, I guess we will see how much it decreases.

Ok, took the water box out yet again, noticed that there was some bubble gum welds on the bottom of it holding the baffles in, and that the box didn't sit flat in the tray because it was sitting on one of the welds. Belt sanded the weld down, glue the pot holders to the bottom of the water box waited over night and put it all back together. Took it out the next day and the vibration was definitely better but still there...... a few miles into our ride I hit some big rollers, crap, the vibration was back in full force between ~ 4,700 - 5,200

I rode an ulta 300 LX yesterday, thing was smooth as silk not even a hint of vibration...

My 300 is an awesome machine, managed 72.4 yesterday, but this vibration is sooo frustrating. Could I have a bad/broken engine mount, bent drive shaft, engine mis-aligned ??? I wonder if people with vibrations are reporting them to their dealers.

I'm getting ready to pull the water box again, take the silicone holders off put it back to stock and take it to the dealer....

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Ok, took the water box out yet again, noticed that there was some bubble gum welds on the bottom of it holding the baffles in, and that the box didn't sit flat in the tray because it was sitting on one of the welds. Belt sanded the weld down, glue the pot holders to the bottom of the water box waited over night and put it all back together. Took it out the next day and the vibration was definitely better but still there...... a few miles into our ride I hit some big rollers, crap, the vibration was back in full force between ~ 4,700 - 5,200

I rode an ulta 300 LX yesterday, thing was smooth as silk not even a hint of vibration...

My 300 is an awesome machine, managed 72.4 yesterday, but this vibration is sooo frustrating. Could I have a bad/broken engine mount, bent drive shaft, engine mis-aligned ??? I wonder if people with vibrations are reporting them to their dealers.

I'm getting ready to pull the water box again, take the silicone holders off put it back to stock and take it to the dealer....
    I'd have to ride the ski to know what it feels like. If it got better with the holders it's def the water box vibrating.

+1
    sure your not confusing the chime vibration or sponson vibration these ski's produce mine used to howl its nuts off during a turn and even in straight line on glass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information