Looking to buy 2012 FX HO

Hey, I have decided that I would like to buy a jet ski. I think I have decided on the FX HO. Does anybody recommend a dealer in the Houston area to buy from. Also what are the prices that people are paying? What things should I try to get thrown in, cover, trailer, etc. I'm new to the jet ski world so kinda going at this blindfolded. Don't want to get suckered into a bad price. Thanks for any advice.

Or should I wait another month for the 2013 models to come out at end of August

Can anyone help?

You might want to check and make sure a dealer even has one in stock. There are none in my area. Evidently Yamaha produced a lot of the SHO, but far fewer of the FX HO skis. Normally, I'd say you would be better to wait a couple of months and save hundreds by buying a left over ski, but with the 2012 FX HO I don't know if that will even be an option, or if you would save any cash.

If and when you find one, post the OTD price you are given, and we can give you an idea if its a deal or not.

+1
    That FX HO is a great ski, good fuel economy too.
    Just call several dealers in a 100 mile radius and tell them what you want, then have them fax you a complete, out-the-door quote.
    Make sure they include the extended 5 year warranty in the quote if you want it.
    When you get your best written quote, send them a deposit and schedule the test ride.
    That way you remove all the emotion and drama in the show room, you just go test ride it, pick up your ski and you're done. I have purchased six PWC this way, enjoy the quest.

+1

+1

Thanks I will do that. Actually found 3 dealers around me that have one in stock. I'm curious how the test drive works. Is that usually pretty common to do, reason I ask is that all of the dealers are about 45min to hour from a lake. Didn't know if they would trailer it there or not. Also,what is some of the OTD prices that you are seeing with the extended warranty. I have just never negociated a PWC so I really don't know how much they can come off and what they will throw in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz87 View Post
    Thanks I will do that. Actually found 3 dealers around me that have one in stock. I'm curious how the test drive works. Is that usually pretty common to do, reason I ask is that all of the dealers are about 45min to hour from a lake.
    Well look, I wouldn't pay thousands for a new boat or ski without testing it out, but that's up to you.
    It's important that they prep the ski properly, and trust me; not all of them do it correctly -- so if there's an issue, I want to know about it before I take delivery. We tested all ours before paying for them; if they can't arrange it they don't get my business, simple. If you're looking for the best deal, ask them for a left-over new 2009-2010 unit; sometimes they will have these sitting around with zero hours and you can save thousands over a current year model.

Thread Information