1994 Engine Serial Number, I can't see it!

I have a 1994 SL650 which I just picked up (my 7th Polaris, so far..) anyways I finally got it fired up amidst a huge cloud of smoke and took it to the river for dialing in. The carbs are way out so I looked in my service manual to find the initial settings. Come to find out there was a midyear update and I need the engine serial # to get the correct settings. Ser. #94-0001 through 94-02010 is the first settings, then Ser. #94-02011 and up is the second. I can't see the numbers on the block below the middle cylinder on the exhaust side due to the manifold. Is there anyway to identify the engine by the HIN? The number is PLE01727L394. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Medina, Ohio, United States
    I would get a good look at the block. Never know what my have been changed out over the years... Maybe a small inspection mirror would help you see in there...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    If you get a compact camera or decent cell phone camera down there with some lighting you may be able to take enough close up photos to have one actually be in focus with the block number visible.

Tip: use the flower icon for close up mode on the camera and get as much light down there as you can.

Note: if there is a chance that the carburetors have been changed in the past then you may be better off checking the actual jet sizes in the carbs and going from there.

Thread Information