+1

How long is too long for payment on eBay?

So, I sold an item a few days ago. The auction actually ended the morning of the 4th of July. The buyer sent me an address and I sent him an invoice. It's now been a few days and I have yet to hear back. At some point I asked him to contact me if he is having problems paying and I've heard nothing.

My question is, at what point do you take "action". What action would you take? The buyer has many purchases in the past 12 months, 100% + feedback and almost all of them say "fast payment".

I'm getting annoyed. It's over $300.

Another odd thing is that he's in the Netherlands but shipping to a bikeshop in MN. Searching his name, I found that both specialize old suzuki bikes so it doesn't seem too odd. Monday, I'll probably call the shop I'm shipping to and ask them if they have any knowledge of this.

I just wanted some feedback, I've sold many things on eBay and have never had a payment issue.

usually in the ad i put payment must be received within 48hrs, if not report to ebay...now if the customer writes and says hey ill have the money on so and so date is that ok, ill accept that..but if i dont hear anything i would probably wait a week, 5-7 days, if nothing report to ebay, repost add and sell to someone willing to pay.

+1
    Well, this guy just pissed me off. I logged into my eBay account to see if he sent a message, as I don't trust email notification. Nothing. Then I decide to look at his feedback closer. I noticed he's bought a few things that have ended after my auction and instantly paid for them, the sellers all left great feedback.

I just sent a message asking for him to not waste my time. Either pay or tell me he doesn't want it. I'll probably sign up his email address for 7000 free ipad giveaways.

+1
    Goto resolve a problem and report him as not paying. If i remember right you have to wait 4 days i think until it will let you. Then another 4 days or so and then if they dont hear from him you get ur fees back. I would wait to relist it till u get the fees back.

+1
    i usually give it a week. lots of people on vaca this time of year . maybe waiting for bigger purchases till he/she gets home to complete. is there a phone # on his paypal?

+1
    I filed a non paying bidder claim and he paid in 5 hours. Done.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown View Post
    I filed a non paying bidder claim and he paid in 5 hours. Done.
    I have had that happen once before. Sometimes they just need a good reminder to pay up.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    or there still looking for a bigger better deal,knowing they've got your's sewn up until you file a dispute.i'd be sure to protect your self if your shipping to a different addy then whats listed.i'd get an e-mail from him stating clearly what address he wants it shipped to and that he acknowledges that its not the address he has listed

+1
    Yeah, I agree. I made him send it as a note with the payment via eBay/Paypal. I'm covered.

Thread Information