+1

Reverse with the R&D rideplate...

Gentleman excuse me for the previous thread ...had a little trouble with my Amazon Kindle...now back on the topic...

You guys notice it takes alot of thrust to get the reverse going towards the bow as opposed to the stock plate...yes the R&D plate has that extended tail for better getting on plane and handling and maybe just a little more top speed...I'm new to reverse being my first ski that had it...remember the stock plate backed up with less gas...also I have notched the bucket since the R&D is thicker and bucket only went down 90%...Any you experience Ultra guys with the R&D or Riva plate find this annoying and have maybe a solution...its not too big of a deal...THANKS

+1
    i have noticed the same thing
    i hardly use reverse personally but when i have i noticed everything you posted

Banned User
    +1
    I don't really see a difference between the two but I don't hardly use reverse ever I know I can do a good 7 mph in reverse lol. Seems pretty much the same as my 250.

+1
    I removed my bucket, lever and cable.. problem solved

+1
    Other skiers comment about it as it's creates more turbulence in the water.....most have reverse on there's too and ask me about it ..some understand.......except one guy with a SHO...gave me the "how Kawasaki always has issues blab blah blah"...explained to him its the aftermarket rideplate...nothing to do with Kawi.....I then asked him if he wants to see how this thing works going forward ?...we'll ride together with your "SHO ME"....not trying to get into a brand war..but you figure most skiers would know that sometimes an aftermarket design creates a problem..usually the benefits out weigh it....just sayin

+1
    I noticed the same thing! I ended up notching my bucket out until when you pull the reverse lever it will pull all the way back and lock into place,,If its not coming all the way back and locking its not moving the bucket down enough.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    I noticed the same thing! I ended up notching my bucket out until when you pull the reverse lever it will pull all the way back and lock into place,,If its not coming all the way back and locking its not moving the bucket down enough.
    I think that's the problem people are not notching it far enough

+1
    I have modified the bucket by cutting a little off on both side where it was hitting and now the bucket goes down just like OEM, Problem solved !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    I have modified the bucket by cutting a little off on both side where it was hitting and now the bucket goes down just like OEM, Problem solved !
    Yes Sal I have ...not that it doesn't go in reverse..it does..just needs more gas and build up of thrust towards the bow...my buddies RXP you just feather the throttle and goes back...hey no big deal...I wanted that SHO to "SHO ME"...maybe he'd beat in reverse..lol

Thread Information