+1

Rxt-x 100 hr service

I have searched and researched for answers to this and im not getting anything consisentent. Im at 87 right now, so im almost at that 100 hr mark. Ive already made an appt w/my dealer but after reading where some ppl forked out $1200 bucks, im a little bit hesitant. SOme say all they do is an oil change and that they didn't need their SC rebuild. I ride a good bit, not hard, but not soft either on lake water. If you feel this is a must, of course I will do it, but if i can get around it to having someone else do it for much less, than of course im going to want to go that route. Any advice guys is appreciated as always!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel33 View Post
    I have searched and researched for answers to this and im not getting anything consisentent. Im at 87 right now, so im almost at that 100 hr mark. Ive already made an appt w/my dealer but after reading where some ppl forked out $1200 bucks, im a little bit hesitant. SOme say all they do is an oil change and that they didn't need their SC rebuild. I ride a good bit, not hard, but not soft either on lake water. If you feel this is a must, of course I will do it, but if i can get around it to having someone else do it for much less, than of course im going to want to go that route. Any advice guys is appreciated as always!
    What year is your ski.
    Look in your owner's manual for the things that need to be done at 100 hours-and then do most of them yourself.

You can get an oil sucker, suck the oil. changing the filter is pretty easy too. Throw some new plugs in. Maybe regrease the pump bearings(don't remember when that's due).
    Also, this will probably be a hotly debated topic-whether to rebuild the SC or not. If I remember correctly, a warning message flashed on the dash at around 110 hours that said SC Maint-or something like that.

OK, I had mine rebuilt at 100 hours(I think I was a little over-doesn't matter). I took the super-charge off myself, bought the rebuild kit($300?), and had a friend that's been doing these for years(locally), rebuild it. Put everything back together, showed the dealer the receipt for the rebuild kit, and they hooked up the computer BUDS unit and reset the warning message, for free.
    I'm almost to 200 hours-I've already re-greased the pump bearings, changed the oil/filter, but am waiting on the 2nd SC rebuild.

If it's a 2008(X boat), they are pretty easy to work on. The SC bolts or Torx head. When you get those out, go down to the hardware store, and get the exact same bolts, but with allen heads instead-they will be much easier to work with, and won't strip out.

Also, use the search function on this board for how to remove and replace your super-charger(probably under rebuilding a super-charger), for step by step instructions. Same with the oil change, etc. It's all on this forum.
    If you get stuck, post another message and someone will guide you along in the process. The only thing you need the dealer for, is to reset the maint. message when it comes on. I'm not sure what happens if you leave the SC Maint flashing(it only flashes the first few seconds on each start).......
    Don't take it to the dealer!!! Do it yourself!!!

+1
    Wow, thank you for such the AMAZING reply!!! I have a 2010 RXT-X......i will def look into doing this myself then!!!!!

+1
    Buy the shop manual for your ski, and the CanDoo Pro.......

Thread Information