Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry 2004 MSX 150 problems

Can anyone give me the lowdown on an MSX 150? I have an '04 model with a blown engine. Overheated for undetermined reason. Cylinder walls, pistons, rod bearings scored. Both oil pumps tits up. Rods and crankshaft, balance shaft o.k. I know another guy locally who had exact same problem. I have seen two entire machines advertised in supposedly pristine condition in $4,500 range. Parts sources I have found are so expensive and engine is so hard to remove and work on that it is not economically feasible to repair. $300 for a piston! $6,500 for an engine! What's going on? Recommendations? Has anyone thought of starting a class action against Polaris on this machine?

+1
    Rocky WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

Jay at Atlantic Powersports can hook you up with a complete rebuild, upper end or parts for whatever direction you chose. You get a Green Hulk discount when you order with Jay or Tony.
    Altron just rebuilt his engine with great success, he used an owners manual, tools, parts and help from Jay.
    It might be an avenue you wish to check out??

Welcome Rocky!!! The best tool for you polaris is the Green Hulk Fourms!!! Everyone here is very helpfull and knowlagble, sometimes you have to watch out for Beer Dart!!!! LOL Just kidding, He like the other guys here are my part time hero's.

Hi Rocky,

How many hours did you have on your 150? and did you have any trouble with it before now?

+1
    MonSterX. Welcome to the Hulk!!!!!

+1
    GREAT to see you here MonsterX, WELCOME to our new home.

Rocky,

The guys are right. Jay out at Atlantic is the leading authority on this craft. I did just rebuild my engine this summer with great success. The service manual is a little bit lacking but with Jay's help I did it. The engine is a pain to get out, but now that you have it out it might be worth sending it to Jay for a rebuild. Give him a call at Altlantic Power Sports at 732-920-7669.

Hey MonsterX is is great to see you over here. If you read Ph2ocraft's post you learned the I rebuilt my engine last summer. Dropped a valve on the second ride of the season.

+1
    Rocky .I would say you need to:
    "beat the meat man,Gotta beat the meat man ".
    Then be prepared to be punched around the ring until you can go no more .
    They are teflon coated
    Have heard that different sleeves etc are sorting the problems out but thank your lucky stars that you didn't pay $16000.00 Aus and still have the problems your having .There is 5 MSX 110/150's where I come from I believe and they are on speed dial and first name basis at the dealer ,Don't think they share Xmass cards though
    Oh what a differnce a bit of R+D would have made

Cheers

Bernie

MonsterX: Thanks for reply. Hours unknown. Machine in pieces. Used one season. No problems. 1st ride during season #2 engine started smoking. Dealer said was turbo and replaced turbo under warranty. Engine froze up while dealer was test running it after installing new turbo. Polaris refused to honor warranty.

Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcome. Been out of the loop for a while, and wanted to check out how things were going in the Polaris world. Of course, it took me a bit to figure out where everyone went.

Howdy 'Craft, maybe you can fill me in on the reasons for the mass migration. The old haunt is a friggin' ghost-town.

So Rocky, 'Dart has a point, it would be helpful if we could see some pictures and get an idea what's going on.

Bernie, were you guys also having frozen engines?

Altron, good to see you too, buddy. I'd like to hear more about what you went through, maybe send me a PM, or is there a thread I should check out?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information