Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New intercooler RRFPR and impeller first ride results

I had an X charger 4" front intake 42# injectors I added the new Fizzle intercooler and RRFPR. I have a 2* pump wedge and I have a 15/20 solas bent to 11/20. I think from SpeedFreeks. I also did the free mods reverse bucket ride plate holes filled. I was running 69 with the X charger 4" front intake and 42's with a 14/19. I added the intercooler and RRFPR removed the resonator and added the new prop. I am running 70.3 now. My RPM's are a little low and I think my AFR's are a little low. I am wondering if I tweek the prop and get some RPM's back and adjust the fuel a bit if I can get another MPH or two??? Right now WOT I am 10.9 on my AFR's and 11.3 at idle. I find there are a couple of cruise speeds that it can get up to 13.7. I dont know what is perfect and what is not good at cruising. Should I just adjust for WOT and not worry about the rest? I am running 7850 RPMs and I think I want to be 8100. The RPMs seem to jump around alot at WOT it goes to 7750 pretty quick and then goes up from there and bounces up down etc. The hioghest I saw was int he morning it got to 7950 but only once then the rest of the day 7800. What do you guys think. I would like to see 73 MPH

hey man you want to adjust your afrs to be at around 11.8-11.9 for SAFE wide open and that will prob bring your rpms up to where they should be as well

+1
    you're gonna need a new set of spark plugs after running that rich. I'm sure you either fouled them or on the verge of fouling. How much gas is in your catch can?

you could always throw your 14/19 back in it to see if the rpms come up. what were your rpms with the 14/19 before you added the rrfpr and ext ic.

also are you running with the reference line attached?

I dont have a catch can would that be beneficial. I vent it into the intake. What is a reference line? I doubt I have one as I dont know what it is. I can get some new plugs they didnt foul, but I started at 10.5 at 60PSI went down to 57 PSI and got it up to 10.9. I will try and shoot for 11.8 but it seems like pretty low fuel pressure for my mods, is that normal. Alot of others are reporting 58 PSI to be right. I think I will be down around 55 to get mine right. Will leaning it out raise my RPM's? If so I think I shold try that before sending the Prop out to be repitched.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    I dont have a catch can would that be beneficial. I vent it into the intake. What is a reference line? I doubt I have one as I dont know what it is. I can get some new plugs they didnt foul, but I started at 10.5 at 60PSI went down to 57 PSI and got it up to 10.9. I will try and shoot for 11.8 but it seems like pretty low fuel pressure for my mods, is that normal. Alot of others are reporting 58 PSI to be right. I think I will be down around 55 to get mine right. Will leaning it out raise my RPM's? If so I think I shold try that before sending the Prop out to be repitched.
    Very beneficial turn your fuel down. Your aim for wot. There's no load on the engine before boost kicks in at 6000 rpms. Running pig rich will kill rpms. Plus the weather right now doesn't help either

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    The reference line is the black vacuum hose that you connect from the RRFPR brass nipple to the stock intercooler block-off brass nipple.

But will it move my cruising ASFR's up too much??? I was at 13.7. Is that OK because its not under boost? I just dont want to burn her down cruising like the old 2 strokes used to.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    id aim for 11.5 afr @ wot. it will keep your cruising afr a bit richer also

Banned User
    +1
    What is your current base pressure when the lanyard is touched to the dess, but not started?

Until boost kicks in (which is around 6300-6400ish) your motor is in natural aspirated mode, so 13-14 AFR is perfect...As boost kicks in, number should go down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information