Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2007 VX Cruiser Price check?

I've lurked on this site for quite a while, but never posted before now since the Honda forum is still a bit quiet.

Me and the wife were planning on picking up a second ski this spring, but got a little antsy and starting shopping yesterday. Boat shows will do that to you. I expected to get another Honda, but Yamaha was always in my mind as well. We dont want high end, we're not into mods, or speed. Just want something reliable and fun, and in keeping that in mind, thought the VX might be a better option than the FX. Just didnt want to spend as much for the FX (although Ive seen some people get some great prices).

Im in Chattanooga, TN, so if that effects pricing at all, keep that in mind.

Is this a good, decent, or bad deal?

2007 VX Cruiser
    $9030 OTD
    Includes: Yamaha Cover, 3 year extended warranty, Dealer Prep (actually waived), and $200 credit from Yamaha catalog. No trailer.

The $200 credit was thrown in after I walked away for the third time by the Yamaha factory rep that was there. As a last resort the rep said we could pick out up to $200 worth of merchandise and he would have it send to our house. Had him put it in writing.

The thing that concerns me is that they were absolutely firm on the base price of the ski, which was 8299. Thats the MSRP of the new 07 model. IS that normal for such a new model?

Since we will be replacing our single with a double, we left the trailer out of the deal for now.

Thoughts?

Welcome choachy, With this being Sunday I cant give you a real good answer (my dealer closed). The odd part about the deal is the fact that they want the same price as MSRP. Just for reference my 1300r MSRP was $9499.. I bought it here in Missouri for $8100 out the door. That might be an exception but still something to consider. I will give that dealer a call Monday if you want so you have something to work with? BTW..mine was an 05 and purchased in early 05 as well.

Thanks Porksword, I would appreciate that. We've given them a $100 deposit good until tuesday, fully refundable if I wanna back out, so if you could call your dealer, that would be great.

+1

Click image for LARGER VIEW
    Price: $8,397.00
    5 YEARS OF FACTORY WARRANTY!!!!!
    Yamaha 2007 VX CRUISER
    Stock # VX1100AF-5

Why pay retail when you can buy at or near dealer cost from the internet superstore boats.net 5 YEARS OF FACTORY WARRANTY!!! (1 PLUS 4 YEARS)

Length: 10' 6"
    Horsepower: 110.00
    Year: 2007
    Type: Personal Watercraft

well, what do you think???

Time to do some more math...

Boats.net (which I assume has very competitive pricing) will sell the vx cruiser for $8397 with 5 year warranty and no extra fees, except shipping. No trailer, no cover. I'll leave out shipping there, and compare it to the sales tax on the other since we wouldnt pay sales tax through boats.net.

The offer we were given was 8300 with 3 year warranty, no extra fees, cover, $200 merchandise credit, no trailer.

Without being able to talk to boats.net today, I can only guess at shipping costs. Anyone know what they charge for shipping? Tax on our offer was basically around $600. My guess is shipping would be only a little less than that.

Also, I know prices vary on warranties, but what have people been paying for a 2-4 year extended warranty? Or I guess I should say, roughly would would it cost to go from 3 years, to 5 years?

Sounds like we're not getting a killer deal, but not getting ripped off, according to the boats.net price. If their prices are that competitive, then I'd say this is about equivalent. Am I missing something? Any other opinions?

+1

Click image for LARGER VIEW
    Price: $7,897.00Yamaha 2007 YAMAHA VX CRUISER
    Stock # VX1100AF

Why pay retail when you can buy at or near dealer cost from the internet superstore boats.net

Length: 10' 6"
    Horsepower: 110.00
    Year: 2007
    Type: Personal Watercraft

Click Here To REQUEST MORE INFORMATION

do the math. take this to the dealer and see what they will do for you. or else go out the door

I looked at that price also, but that 7900 (7897) is without warranty (standard 1 year comes with it of course), cover, and the $200 merchandise credit that we're getting. I really appreciate your help. Do you think that the latest price you posted would even make the dealer budge?

I think the first price you posted with the 5 year warranty would be more likely. *shrug*

I should know a little more when I can get on the phone tomorrow and make some calls.
    Last edited by Choachy; 01-28-2007 at 10:34 PM.

+1
    It Sure Would. I Got My Dealer Down From 9499 Plus Fee's To 8200 Or 8400 Out The Door. I Forget. But Because I Threatened To Go Else Where And Could Prove The Competitor's Price They Gave Me The Price I Wanted.

Boats.net Is A Heck Of A Deal. I Think They Will Match It

Anything is worth a shot. Youre right. I spent about 5 hours haggling for our last truck and walked out on one dealership. after 3 visits. I hate spending money.

+1
    I Know A Guy Who Just Bought A Sea Doo Rxx From 01. It Had Been Sitting On The Dealership Floor For Close To 6 Years. They Wouldnt Sell It To Me Years Ago. They Were Asking 11k Back Then. He Bought It Last Week For 6500.

If They Want To Make A Sale They Will, If They Want To Haggle , Walk Away. But Stand Your Ground, Be Firm. Tell Them If They Can Come Close To Boats.net Then You Might Have A Deal. If Not, Walk. There Are Too Many Other Places That Would Want Your Business

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information