94 waveblaster 1 1100 swap

This is going to be my thread to document my progress. I built this ski with a 701 and rode it for a season before needing more power. plans are as follows
    1100 out of 96 raider
    milled head
    155mm pump with trim out of the raider also
    currently have a skat 15/20 swirl, think it might be a little steep though.

started today by media blasting my extremely pitted and crusty exit nozzle and trim ring, and powdercoating them chrome. I also powdercoated the hardware blue to match the hull also.

Tairua New Zealand
    There are a couple of those conversions in New Zealand and they go real well, get into that one for sure.

Subscribed. I've got a 1200 and my buddy has an 1100. Save all the exhaust parts from that raider, you'll need it. We just run waterbox #1 and lose the other one, you dont need it.

My friend just bought this with a 701 i should show him this. Is it a direct swap what are the majors that need to be switched out when you do this.

There's not very much you keep from the 701. Motor, electrics, carbs, exhaust all need to get replaced. If you keep the stock pump, you need to get a different impellor. You also have to figure out how you're going to mount the motor. There's several methods. I recommend glassing in the mounts.

Thread Information