Reading yalls threads is like reading French....

So I'm currently dealing with fi 25, be fixed here soon wether or no it's the ks or ecu, I'm brand new to these pwc , and reading about yalls mods is confusing as hell. I bought an 03 r-x, with an upgraded turbo and blow off... You guys are talking about 65mph being a lot. I'd like to know exactly what I have bc when I'm first out on the lake, nice glassy water I reached 69-71mph. Choppy I can do 65 all day. Stock ecu. You talk about certain psi for boost and what not.... I scratch my head. Same when reading about the correct f/a ratio.... Scratching again. Let alone how to set either of these... Or monitor. I really wish I was bs'ing, but I'm not. Everything else, to my knowledge is stock. Reading about other mods you guys do... Well again I have no clue.. I'd like to continue to upgrAde but I don't know enough....

So, can someone explain these two and or what I need to do to find out exactly what I have and what I'm pushing. Of course like your talking to..... Let's say a 13 yr old?

Also, what plugs and oil do you guys use??
    thanks

Since you just got the ski I and it seems to run good and fast why not just enjoy it for a while and continue reading and learning about it before dumping money into it. Upgrades mostly mean $$$ and it seems like yours has already had some done to it since it's that fast. Speedometers are not all that accurate. We have called them Dream-Ometers for as long as I can remember. 71 MPH on your speedometer is probably closer to 65 on GPS or radar, maybe a little more. It takes a lot of $$$ to gain just 1 or 2 mph.

The intake grate is a simple, inexpensive performance boost. See if it's been modified or is after market. You can search on here or google to see what a stock on looks like and a modified one will be missing a few rips to let more water through.

A lot of people are using the Rotella 6T synthetic (Walmart) because it's a good quality oil and MUCH cheaper than Honda. I also have turbo cars and it's most people run it in them also, myself included.

As for plugs go with NGK iridium, they are always good. That's what I also run in my twin turbo car.

+1
    For my doos I run Valveoline 10-40 motor cycle oil with the wet clutch formula for the s/c.
    Your way off on your Speedo.
    Mine will say 70mph and I'm doing 63 on the garmin etrex.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Since you just got the ski I and it seems to run good and fast why not just enjoy it for a while and continue reading and learning about it before dumping money into it. Upgrades mostly mean $$$ and it seems like yours has already had some done to it since it's that fast. Speedometers are not all that accurate. We have called them Dream-Ometers for as long as I can remember. 71 MPH on your speedometer is probably closer to 65 on GPS or radar, maybe a little more. It takes a lot of $$$ to gain just 1 or 2 mph.

The intake grate is a simple, inexpensive performance boost. See if it's been modified or is after market. You can search on here or google to see what a stock on looks like and a modified one will be missing a few rips to let more water through.

A lot of people are using the Rotella 6T synthetic (Walmart) because it's a good quality oil and MUCH cheaper than Honda. I also have turbo cars and it's most people run it in them also, myself included.

As for plugs go with NGK iridium, they are always good. That's what I also run in my twin turbo car.
    Very good advice!
    There is an old saying that: The GPS is the heaviest thing there is to carry in almost all boats....It slows the average boat down by 5-15 MPH...........

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Very good advice!
    There is an old saying that: The GPS is the heaviest thing there is to carry in almost all boats....It slows the average boat down by 5-15 MPH...........

Lol well I have an old Tom Tom, I'll take it out with me next time. Doing some research on installing a boost gauge. Doesn't seem to difficult, maybe get that installed while the ski is down. Do you guys mount these under the seat or in the front little glove box in front of the seat?

I don't care how much power you have. A R12X will not do 65 in chop. It bounces like a basketball. Could you possibly take a pic of this upgraded turbo, that way we can help figure out what you have. Just so you know a little more about your ski, The R12X does about 61 to 62mph stock. 68 is about their best with a few mods.

Thread Information