Advice please. The right steering cable for my ski

Hi everyone,

I havent been here in a few years and have lost contact with everyone but am back in action

I have bene travelling the world for a few years and am back home and ready to take my 2005 rxp out.

But the Steering is totally froze.

A friend recommended without seeing it, I purchase a new steering cable.

Can someone please tell me if this is the right link, item for my ski?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=125&B=17 -->> About halfway down it says ".CABLE-STEERING (MAY NOT BE SHOWN)" $167.49.

Is this the right part I need for my 2005 Seadoo RXP?
    Is this likely my problem?
    Is there anything else i need to purchase at the asme time to make this install smoothly?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Scotland, UK
    Hey Ross

Yes that looks like the right part for your ski. Part 44.B in the list. Looks like part 44-47 is no longer available. Part 44.B OEM Number is 277001580.
    Before ordering the cable i would remove the cable end from the bottom of the steering column and with this disconnected, see if you can turn the bars from side to side, just to make sure its not the column assy thats froze. If you can turn them freely then it points to the cable itself. With the cable still disconnected under the column, see if you can move the jet pump nozzle from side to side, again if it wont budge it points to the cable. Disconnect the steering cable from the nozzle and again see if you can move the nozzle from side to side, if you can then its definately the cable. Sometimes you can free off the cables if you get the inner one to move inside the outer but its a PITA and will more than likely be frozen again next season. I would just replace it if that turns out to be the problem.

Also, disconnect the OPAS bolt from the bottom of the pump, then check your steering.

The OPAS may be frozen...

Thread Information