+1

New to PWC, Help Me With 1200 Limited!!!!!!

Hey guys, I have spent hours on here reading and helped me out a ton on my first purchase of a 2000 XL 1200 Limited. The ski is pristine with 102 hours on it, no fading, always covered just a few very small dock rashes but looks brand new. The engine is completely brand new as the previous owner's grandkids poured fuel in the oil tank and ruined it. I bought it from a Yamaha mechanic that rebuilds and sells on the side. Paid $2,800 for the ski, cover, and Hustler trailer and it runs like the day it left the showroom floor. It is a great ski. The mechanic already installed the d-plate and chip in the the ski and did a really good job and sealing all around the pump and the ski when he rebuilt it and has no cavitation to it!

I do not want to make this a rocket, but just do small things to it to make it safer and a better over all ski. So with that being said, I want to add a ride plate, intake great, and the pump seal kit. Plan on getting these from Island Racing or RIVA. As far as ride plate, tell me the differences between R&D and the RIVA? Would a prop help with acceleration and which one? This a good route to go and get started? Island Racing Level 1 a good way to go?

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!!!

+1
    Plenty of info on here about the xll's. No difference in Rideplates. Make sure you install wave eaters ASAP. (retaining clips for the pv's) Start with the grate, Rideplate and prop, and see where you're at.A Solas concord 12/18 is a good overall prop. With a few mods a 13/19 would do
    Last edited by pokplalya22; 07-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pokplalya22 View Post
    Plenty of info on here about the xll's. No difference in Rideplates. Make sure you install wave eaters ASAP. (retaining clips for the pv's) Start with the grate, Rideplate and prop, and see where you're at.A Solas concord 13/19 is a good overall prop.
    I spent hours reading everything on here but did not find a thread that compared the R&D to the RIVA per say. Did not know they were the same. I am starting with the R&D Intake grate, ride plate, and pump seal and see what a difference it will make!!!!!!

+1
    Well not 100% true, the Riva is black Those mods alone will greatly improve handling and also give you a few mph's

+1
    This winter on my XlT I added the R & D plate, angle milled it a bit, and added a 5 degree GPR nozzle. I Love it, better handling by far, and lots more top speed. I will say many suggest a 13/19 solas, but I have used a 12/18 solas since day one, and it is perfect. I am great on holeshot and running upper 60's gps as well. I do have a cut head and the F/A mods, but I think the 13/19 might be too much for your ski.

+1
    Thanks guys, I am ging to leave it stock for a month or so to get use to it and then add these parts on to see what difference I really feel! Look forward to seing how different it feels!!!!!

Thread Information