Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seffner fl
    Posts
    68
    +1
    3

    03 gtx sc wont shut off

    the ski will start and run fine as when you put the lanyard on the dess post, but when you remove the lanyard it doesnt shut off. i installed a new dess post and it is still doing this, anyone know what is going on here. it was fine most of the day and i came back from riding pulled the lanyard and it just kept running. so we put in the new dess post but it did nothing. i can shut it off via the start stop button, but it still think there is a lanyard attached and will sit there and beep forever.


  2. #2
    It is either a bad DESS post, or you have a short from the Black/Yellow stripe wire and ground. I was building a simulator assembly for our testing, and used a brand new OEM DESS post on it, and it was acting up. Finally determined the brand new DESS post was no good.

    Disconnect the connector that has the DESS post wires, and measure both sides, DESS post side and the MPEM side. Measure for continuity between the Black/Yellow wire and the Black wire. You should have no continuity on either side. If you have continuity on the DESS post side with key off post, your new DESS post is bad. If you have continuity on the MPEM side of the connector, you have a short somewhere.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seffner fl
    Posts
    68
    +1
    3
    well my new post is good. no continuity on the post side. but depending which test lead i put to what on the mepm side i have cont and the fuel pump and everything kicks on. so that would mean i have a short somewhere correct? like the red to black/yellow and the black to black i have cont, but the other way around i dont. the lanyard seems to be working today, i guess cause its had a chance to dry out inside the hull. but the mepm is buzzing when the dess post harness is unpluged, and when plugged in the tops valve randomly clicks.

  5. #4
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31
    If you have buzzing from the mpem without the dess harness on then disconnect your battery when you are away from the ski. Sounds like a short and you don't want to run the risk of a fire.

    Do you have a mates ski you could swap mpem from to see if its an internal fault?

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seffner fl
    Posts
    68
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    If you have buzzing from the mpem without the dess harness on then disconnect your battery when you are away from the ski. Sounds like a short and you don't want to run the risk of a fire.

    Do you have a mates ski you could swap mpem from to see if its an internal fault?
    ive been pulling the main fuse to cut all the power to the ski so as not to have a fire. no friends with this type of ski. i may have figured the issue out. i pulled the connectors for the ecu and the was a bit of corrosion on a few of the pins. i cleaned it up with what had handy, needs to be done better. but the noises seem to have stopped.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytoad83 View Post
    ive been pulling the main fuse to cut all the power to the ski so as not to have a fire. no friends with this type of ski. i may have figured the issue out. i pulled the connectors for the ecu and the was a bit of corrosion on a few of the pins. i cleaned it up with what had handy, needs to be done better. but the noises seem to have stopped.
    I had an 03 GTX SC that did a similar thing,it would keep running without the lanyard and always have power on,i replaced both oil sensors and the problem went away,i have no clue why but it did.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seffner fl
    Posts
    68
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by larry b View Post
    I had an 03 GTX SC that did a similar thing,it would keep running without the lanyard and always have power on,i replaced both oil sensors and the problem went away,i have no clue why but it did.
    both of mine are new. seems it was that corrosion on the ecu pins. cleaned lubed and back together.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts Exhaust, Pumps, Parts off of 03 GTX SC
    By YamahaManny in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  2. 03 GTX SC opinions wanted........
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 11:56 PM
  3. Why did my 03 GTX SC beat an 04 RXP?
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 06:36 PM
  4. What's the good pump setup for a stock 03 GTX-SC?
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:17 AM
  5. A few pics of my almost finished 03 GTX sc
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •