+1

Vortech Supercharger VS. H2O Turbo Kit

Hey guy, I'm having a really tough time deciding on whether I should go with a a turbo or really big supercharger. Here's the thing, I'm a recreational rider and a racer which is making this decision pretty hard. When I'm out on a Sunday I don't want to be pushing that much boost the supercharger puts out through my engine, but I'm sure when events come up and I want to drag race and CC the SC would destroy on that holeshot. That's why I was thinking and more leaning towards a turbo. I have a boost controller where I can just set my boost at 10psi and go ride along on normal pump gas and when I'm ready to race just raise the boost with the controller. But I was also thinking in Trinidad we have huge swells sometimes and I'm not sure if the H20 mounting kit could stand up to the pounding I may put on it going through the rough ( I don't wave jump but I do put a beating on it sometimes when we're out in the rough). I know the supercharger won't have this problem as it's directly mounted to the engine. So can you guys give me your opinion on what I should do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    I do a lot of wave jump my turbo kit ( not H2O ) has a well designed bracket holding the turbo to the motor so it can hold the beating. Its also hold by the downpipe i did my turbo not to race but to stay away from clutch issues. Now i love it, and its amazing how fast you can make power just turn up the boost controller adjust the gas and your flying. If i were you i would go TURBO.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks bro. I am also leaning to wards the turbo, but not because of clutch issues, but because of the raw power. Maybe if you can post some pics of your mounting system I would be able to take the H2O kit to a local machine shop and get the bracketing made up.

Turbo!

I have 2 turbo skis and a very good friend has a turbo FX. You cannot compare the tunability of a turbo ski. Low boost to ride all day. High boost to race at the turn of a boost controller and turning up the fuel (powershot, motec, vipec, etc.) I beat up my turbo FZS, an H2O kit btw, and have had no issues whatsoever. However, if you are going to be "wave jumping" I would be concerned about the factory exhaust manifold holding up. I run my FZS roughly 100 miles round trip almost every Sunday in the bay in the Florida keys, and have yet to have a problem. BTW don't worry about the lag. With a properly sized turbo, there is no lag.

Edit: One thing to note is that with a turbo mounted in the back of the ski (as most turbos kits do) it does add weight back there. I only ride solo or with my gf, so it does not bother me, but I would be leery to take a ride with 3 ppl or with a "large" passenger. The weight of the turbo does not affect an FX as much as it does FZ's...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BailYes View Post
    Turbo!

I have 2 turbo skis and a very good friend has a turbo FX. You cannot compare the tunability of a turbo ski. Low boost to ride all day. High boost to race at the turn of a boost controller and turning up the fuel (powershot, motec, vipec, etc.) I beat up my turbo FZS, an H2O kit btw, and have had no issues whatsoever. However, if you are going to be "wave jumping" I would be concerned about the factory exhaust manifold holding up. I run my FZS roughly 100 miles round trip almost every Sunday in the bay in the Florida keys, and have yet to have a problem. BTW don't worry about the lag. With a properly sized turbo, there is no lag.
    Agree i have a GTX3076r with no lag at all.

here are the pict

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BailYes View Post
    Turbo!

Edit: One thing to note is that with a turbo mounted in the back of the ski (as most turbos kits do) it does add weight back there. I only ride solo or with my gf, so it does not bother me, but I would be leery to take a ride with 3 ppl or with a "large" passenger. The weight of the turbo does not affect an FX as much as it does FZ's...
    So you have the H2O kit ???

Yes, all our kits were done by Ramon at H2O. The FZ kit and FX kit are his standard turbo kits with our own turbos supplied. The third kit is a one off custom kit he built for us for a race only ski.

+1
    fast sho where is your ecu mounted ? ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    fast sho where is your ecu mounted ? ?
    Ecu and Fuse box are mounted on the front of the ski. next to the gas tank. Where the fizzle intercooler goes.

Thread Information