Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Debating supercharger wheel for my 2012 rxpx need advice

Okay which wheel gives the most bang for the buck using the stock supercharger housing? Also what other mods do I need to do to utilize this wheel?

I already have :
    4 inch kana flex
    intake flame arrest or gone.
    Had 15/20r prop but destroyed it last weekend due to a few branches sucked up in pump.
    so I'm back to stock prop but still see 73 mph
    i also have the vetch map tuner set to 8350 for now, which is the best for each wheel?

Also can you guys give me an idea of what kind of acceleration difference I'll see?

+1
    I would add a rrfpr, afr monitoring, valve train upgrade (rev that baby up) and a the wheel of your choosing.

+1
    Biggest bang for the $ - ET 137 or mini Rude, stock housing with spacer, update with McMaster washers and Viton seal at same time. SUPER performance out of both!

I went with the ET 137 simply because of good deal on price.

The performance of the the two is identical, which is FAR SUPERIOR to stock in every way. Arm wrenching acceleration over stock!

Both of these wheels really shine 8500+ rpm. I agree with troy needing AFR monitoring. If you go above 8350 tune, you NEED valve train upgrade springs and retainers.

+1
    I have the 137 and would recommend it, didnt actually ride it stock but acceleration is fantastic. Makes my friends stock FZR seem like its a middle of the range cruiser rather than the fastest they do!

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Biggest bang for the $ - ET 137 or mini Rude, stock housing with spacer, update with McMaster washers and Viton seal at same time. SUPER performance out of both!

I went with the ET 137 simply because of good deal on price.

The performance of the the two is identical, which is FAR SUPERIOR to stock in every way. Arm wrenching acceleration over stock!

Both of these wheels really shine 8500+ rpm. I agree with troy needing AFR monitoring. If you go above 8350 tune, you NEED valve train upgrade springs and retainers.
    Cool so looks like I'll get the 137 with 4mm
    ,vitom seal, and washers. Can I still have the 8350 tune or will I have to vtech know I have the 137 wheel now?
    Do I need to monitor afr ? Or is this a tried and tested setup with the 8350 tune.?
    stock 48 injectors still good and stock intercooler?
    Do I need the rrfpr?

+1
    I have seen several discussions about your setup and YES you can get by without the AFR monitoring and the rrfpr. Jerry has posted this topic / configuration several times.

Here is the deal - Once you get this shit kickin performance you ARE going to want more! - your on the Hulk site Dude - this is an addiction like no other - worse than friggin crack! Are you disciplined enough to stay at 8300 and below? I doubt it!

The moment you decide you want and need more - you MUST monitor AFR and you MUST install a rrfpr and you MUST beef up the valve train. You can do this in steps if you plan smartly and you won't waste time and money.

Set your goals.

+1
    I dont care what anyone says. I think if you dont monitor your AFR's U might as well keep the boat stock... How do u know if you are lean? or Pig rich? You will be leaving performance on the table.
    I would also install a rrfpr for those colder climates. So if you need to you can add more fuel. That day I was running 14+lbs of boost with my ET charger and stock ecu. My afr's when i put it in the water was reading 14.9 had to turn my fuel preasure up like to 65-70..( dont remember exactly)
    If i hadnt had a afr gauge i would have gone BOOM after a long day on WOT!. Play safe and also install a bilge pump if you havent...BTW excellent choice with ET chargers..Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    I dont care what anyone says. I think if you dont monitor your AFR's U might as well keep the boat stock... How do u know if you are lean? or Pig rich? You will be leaving performance on the table.
    I would also install a rrfpr for those colder climates. So if you need to you can add more fuel. That day I was running 14+lbs of boost with my ET charger and stock ecu. My afr's when i put it in the water was reading 14.9 had to turn my fuel preasure up like to 65-70..( dont remember exactly)
    If i hadnt had a afr gauge i would have gone BOOM after a long day on WOT!. Play safe and also install a bilge pump if you havent...BTW excellent choice with ET chargers..Good luck
    Good point! I love reliability so Afr monitor is going to be installed. That way I can chill if it's out of spec and too lean. Great advice thanks guys!!

+1
    +1 on the ET 137.....

+1
    I have had good results with the RIVA double XX upgrade ........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information