Need help please ...NO SPARK

Alright guys thanks in advance for any help.. Was out riding yesterday and my ski turned off... tried to start it and it would turn over but wouldnt start.. swam it about a half a mile back to sure until a passer byer stopped and towed me in... Ive pulled the grey box out of the front ..opened it up to find a small amount of water in there..im guessing this is from where the hull filled up about halfway a coyple of weeks ago due to a bad carbon seal. i checked the voltage going into the coil ?? the little black box that the plug wires come from..when trying to start the voltage is between 1.7 and 5volts.. is this normal? if not where should i look next..and if it is correct what would be the next direction i should go?

also just so its known i have checked all fuses and none appear to be blown..and the battery is fully charged..
    this is a 95xp not sure if these are supposed to have the lanyard chirp or not but mine doesnt and never did even when it was running..also the gauges do not work except for the rpm gauge but again they have never worked since ive had it...
    any help will be greatly appreciated as i am stumped..i want to get this thing fixed so my family can have some fun this summer.. hopefully i can eventually upgrade to a nicer one..

again thanks in advance

+1
    Water may have enter the mag cover and shorted out the stator. open the rear black box and check the ground, it may need cleaning.

thanks for the response.. however this model doesn't have a rear box.. i think i have narrowed it down to the coil ... I've tested voltage b4 and after it I've got voltage going into the coil but none at the plug wires... Does anyone think that i may be on the right track ?? and would anyone have a spare coil that you may want to get rid of pretty cheap ?? let me know

+1
    OPPS my bad I was thinking 96, does the ground in the grey box look clean ?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider40 View Post
    OPPS my bad I was thinking 96, does the ground in the grey box look clean ?
    very clean as if brand new

+1
    Have you tried twisting the coil wires out and testing voltage at the screws?

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy View Post
    Have you tried twisting the coil wires out and testing voltage at the screws?
    wow that's a great idea ..i didn't think they came out.. do they just pull out or screw out or what ? .. i was thinking the plug wires were hard wired to the coil as in all one piece.. i learn something new every day from you guys

Thread Information