Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil?

Oil?

Hi. I have a 2001 Sea Doo GTX and I need to buy some oil. The only oil ever run through it was XPS full synthetic oil. Since BRP has stopped making this oil would it be harmful to run the XPS Synthetic Blend? Should I try Mercury's Quiksilver? Or should I use Amsoil Interceptor? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I use the Amsoil Interceptor because it's supposed to burn so clean - good on a PV engine. Amsoil Dominator is good too - more for modded engines. If you're premixing though be careful with the Interceptor because it's clear you can't tell if the gas is mixed or not.

I was going to ask the same thing. I have a '97 SPX 800 w/ k&ns, rejetted stock carbs, ada 43cc heads, Rossier black pipe w/ ecwi water injection kit, hardjetted waterbox, 85/88 nozzle with xo prop. I have been using Pennzoil full synthetic TCW3 with great success and with very little buildup on the rave valves. It is getting hard to find, and do you think that Pennzoil Premium Plus Synthetic Blend TCW3 would work okay? If not what Amsoil would work best with my setup, Interceptor or Dominator?

+1
    I like the Dominator oil due to the fact that you know it is mixed. You can get it here through Jerry and support this site. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...968&page=index

Will the Synthetic Blend be fine to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Domant22 View Post
    Since BRP has stopped making this oil would it be harmful to run the XPS Synthetic Blend?
    they did? when did this happen?, I still see this oil on the shelves...

Is this a 951DI ski?
    Interceptor will be fine. IMHO Dominator is a bit thick for the injection...

I would stick with a full synthetic.

1 - XPS synthetic
    2- Amsoil Inteceptor
    3- Mystik JT-4 synthetic

many many many opinions and debate over oil`s... just run a good quality oil for your machine and you`ll be fine...

you can also read about anything oil here> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    they did? when did this happen?, I still see this oil on the shelves...Is this a 951DI ski?Interceptor will be fine. IMHO Dominator is a bit thick for the injection...I would stick with a full synthetic.1 - XPS synthetic2- Amsoil Inteceptor3- Mystik JT-4 syntheticmany many many opinions and debate over oil`s... just run a good quality oil for your machine and you`ll be fine...you can also read about anything oil here> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
    Well thats what my local shop told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Domant22 View Post
    Well thats what my local shop told me.
    call another source.
    I`m not to jiggy that XPS synth is 50.00 a gallon. Currently I have Yamaha lube 2W in the SeaPoo boat.
    I also have Mystik JT-4, and XPS blend on the shelf. and Amsoil, but that`s for the truck...

for injection oil, color does not matter. I prefer to use a colored oil when premixing, BUT it is not all that important bc I have used Interceptor in premix for years, just have to pay attention. I mark my fuel cans when mixed and the fuel cans are for premix ONLY...

what engine in your ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    call another source.I`m not to jiggy that XPS synth is 50.00 a gallon. Currently I have Yamaha lube 2W in the SeaPoo boat.I also have Mystik JT-4, and XPS blend on the shelf. and Amsoil, but that`s for the truck...for injection oil, color does not matter. I prefer to use a colored oil when premixing, BUT it is not all that important bc I have used Interceptor in premix for years, just have to pay attention. I mark my fuel cans when mixed and the fuel cans are for premix ONLY...what engine in your ski?
    951 carb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information