+1

Torque specs for 99 GP1200, how to flush the motor and Steering Nozzle

Recently had to take apart my new(ish) jetski after my first half hour on the water with it, due to an oil injection line popping off and annihilating my 3rd cylinder. Luckily i work in an engine shop and they are boring and honing my cylinders for my rebuild as i type. disassembly was the easy part, i got everything off but the carb and the block out withing about 3 hours (never having worked on a jetski before, i felt quite accomplished) anyway my questions are.

1.Is there anywhere i can go, a site a page or a walkthrough somewhere that has the torque specifications for the head, intake manifold and exhaust when i put this back together

2.Is there anyway to flush the remaining debris out of the motor without pulling the block (im aware with the debris around the crank I should probably just replace the crank, but i don't have the cash at the moment worst case scenario is i have to rebuild it again)

3.ALSO anyone know where i can find a replacement nozzle for the 99GP1200, mine is cracked i would like to upgrade to a metal one, but i cant find one anywhere I tried Riva and a few other sites but none of them have the 99GP1200 as a listed application. If someone could give me a part number and site or something i would be eternally grateful

+1
    Do the final honing with the exhaust manifold torque on the cylinders. They say you'll have a egg shaped cylinder afterwards if you don't.
    1. I'll PM you the specs
    2.pull the motor, split the case, and pull the crank out. Clean the casehalves and the crank bearings (then lube them up so they don't rust). replace the crank seals and reseal the case halves with 3bond 1211 or equivant.
    3. you'll have to find a used one on here or eBay.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Do the final honing with the exhaust manifold torque on the cylinders. They say you'll have a egg shaped cylinder afterwards if you don't.
    1. I'll PM you the specs
    2.pull the motor, split the case, and pull the crank out. Clean the casehalves and the crank bearings (then lube them up so they don't rust). replace the crank seals and reseal the case halves with 3bond 1211 or equivant.
    3. you'll have to find a used one on here or eBay.
    Thanks man very informative i appreciate it, and yea i heard about the exhaust manifold thing I found torque specs for the exhaust manifold alone on another forum and torqued it down before my buddy started working on it

+1
    Come to think of it, I may still have the stock nozzle from mine if u just want a replacemnt. PM me if u want it.

Thread Information