oil in the impulse line

my fuel pump not pumping found oil coming from hose nipple on block. any help much thanks.....94' polaris sl750

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scarknee72 View Post
    my fuel pump not pumping found oil coming from hose nipple on block. any help much thanks.....94' polaris sl750
    Welcome to the Hulk! Might want to drain the bottom end of the ski. If it has been sitting a while, and you are getting oil from the impulse line, you might have quite a build up in there. Might want to check the fuel pump also for fluid. If the oil made it all the way into the pump, it will prevent it from operating properly. If you don't already have one, it's probably time for a triple outlet pump as well.

Good general reading on your ski... http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Thanks for the info. I looked thru my cylmers service manuel and can not find the bottom end drain "plug?" Anywhere. If you could please describ or send pic of where it is? And can I do it with engine in hull. I guess where I had knee surgery and it set for a entire season is what caused this.. I tried just cranking over and blowing oil out but still blowin mist out and pulse is stronger but believe it should be a lil stronger...anyways thanks for any help

Todd

+1
    There are 3 drain plugs, one for each cylinder. They are very difficult to get to with the motor in the ski. They are located on the exhaust side, down at the bottom of the block, centered on each cylinder. You might be able to access them if you can get the exhaust out of the way and the starter off, I haven't tried. You will only be able to drain directly into the bottom of the ski though....... I would just remove the carbs, intake, and reeds to get a good look at the crankshaft. You should be able to get down in there with a turkey baster or something similar to suck all the bad stuff out. You could also start by drawing out of the impulse fitting, but that will not drain all the cylinders, just the PTO.

Thread Information