Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up how to increase speed with low budget?????? .......any susgestion help!!!!!

I have a 1998 slth polaris 700cc. And finally I have it running great, thank you guy in the forum with the tips. My top speed so far is 43.1 @6250rpm WOT. I like to reach the 50mph. I was thinking to buy ride plate and intake grave or how to increase the rpms. Anybody could guide me in the rigth direction..............thanks in advance to all...................

Banned User
    +1
    Your RPMS should be up around 6500-6600. That will get you about 4 MPH right there.......find out why its not reaching full RPMs. My 99 easily gets over 50 with a bone stock engine. Check your compression and look at your piston wash to get an idea of running condition.

thanks BryanP, How do i check the piston wash??? I still a newbe here...hehehe I replace the reed valve(stock),one of my biggest bogging problems before, rebuilt the carbs, I have a compreession of 130psi, and also replaced the igniition kit update (stator,cdi,coil,wires). Where should be my ignition timmig??? right now is 10 degree before top dead center.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dj Burnout View Post
    thanks BryanP, How do i check the piston wash??? I still a newbe here...hehehe I replace the reed valve(stock),one of my biggest bogging problems before, rebuilt the carbs, I have a compreession of 130psi, and also replaced the igniition kit update (stator,cdi,coil,wires). Where should be my ignition timmig??? right now is 10 degree before top dead center.
    Should be 18 degrees plus or minus two @3k RPM. Get the timing fixed. Then tune if necessary to get you up to 6700 RPM. Like Bryan said, that will help a ton with top speed and acceleration.

For steps beyond that, please use the search function. It will yield many answers.

hi Guys today I advange the timing to 18 degree BTDC and run it in the lake and the top speed was 45.5 @6520 rpm, before it was 42.9 @6190 rpm it is better but I still below of 6700 rpm. also below of my goal of 50 mph. any other tips???? please help .........................thank you

+1
    hows your impeller.

Banned User
    +1
    Depending on location and weather 6520 RPM is probably ok. Where are you located?

I just bougth a reman impeller last month. And my location is Pelham, NH. IN a lake.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dj Burnout View Post
    I just bougth a reman impeller last month. And my location is Pelham, NH. IN a lake.
    Impeller blade to wear ring clearance is within reason? Preferred less than 10 thousands, max spec is .020"

Stator blade condition?

Air temperature and humidity will also affect peak engine power. Hot air reduces power.

Note: Displayed speed is not 100% accurate. Real vs displayed accuracy varies somewhat with hull model, aftermarket intake grate, pitot alignment, etc.

Banned User
    +1
    I think the 98 SLTH had smaller carbs than the 99 did....That could make a difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information