Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Grate inserts pulled out, rideplate stripped.. install 255 ride plate? experts advise

First off, I didnt get bucked off the ski luckily but have been so upset I could cry..
    After riding this past weekend, realized my Riva grate pulled down, stripped inserts out of pump shoe and stripped middle hole on the ride plate tab (07 RXP 215). It made it 370 long hours and finally gave.. im kicking myself now for not having a girdle installed. The pump shoe looks perfectly fine aside from having the inserts stripped out and the rideplate has the middle intake grate hole stripped. I have come up with 3 options I can think of to handle this situation as I would like to get back on the water as soon as possible as it is July and I live on the water, having to watch people riding by everyday as mine sits in the garage is hard..

1. Take to dealer... spend a fortune, have everything replaced and like new (dont really want to go this route)
    2. Try to reinstall inserts or get new ones (possibly PPG, if they still sell the insert kit) and epoxy them back in (hope they hold) and tap the rideplate stripped hole to next size up, install SF pump shoe insert, and a R&D grate and girdle (I'm not really a fan of "boogering" things by tapping holes larger and reinstalling the inserts)
    3. Install a RXPX 255 ride plate with the three holes for intake grate, forget about the inserts, and need for girdle

I am leaning towards option 3 as I have heard of people doing this on their pre 08 non X model skis for the exact reason I would be doing it. I have some questions for people that are familiar with this procedure or any experts that can give me advice to get me back on the water before the season is over. I understand there are issues with installing the X ride plate on RXT's due to the intake grates being different and such, however, is this a smart fix for my problem on my ski? does my pump shoe and all line up well with the new X model plate? I would like it to be a straight forward ride plate swap but I am asking before I get into it to make sure it would be something feasable to do and handle myself.

So am I looking in the right direction to fix this issue? or would option 2 be easier and a better fix? I do not want to install the X plate and have issues with the pump shoe.. I am trying to avoid messing with the pump shoe at all aside from grinding down the insert bosses to fit the X plate.. Experts and anyone that has done this swap to their non X model RXP please advise! Your help is greatly appreciated, I may need someone to walk me through this.. I have used the search option but have not gotten straight forward answers on install to a 215 RXP or if it works with no other modifications to pump shoe or anything. Thanks in advance
    TJ

and if this is the fix.. anyone with a spare 255 ride plate they would sell me?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Option #3.... along with a SF's pump shoe protector, and your done for good!

After you grind away the insert bosses on the shoe, the X plate will bolt right in place.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Option #3.... along with SF's pump shoe protector, and your done for good!
    +1. Only way to go.

+1
    +1 on sfr pump shoe protector.... i still need to install this.. but nobody wants to replace a pump shoe.. PITA job

+1
    So the SF pump shoe insert will fit with the X model plate?? And there wont be any gap or anything between pump shoe and ride plate?

+1
    Yes... and no.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Yes... and no.
    ?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    ?????
    Yes it fit's, and no... there will be no gaps

+1
    Excellent, these replies are really putting me in a better mood.. Anyone with a 255 ride plate laying around they would sell me??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    ?????
    Dont agree speedskixp?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information