Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Getting beat by a 300x.......

Is there any reason to constantly get beat by a new kawasaki 300x with my 2012 rxp-x? I'm fully broken in at about 16hrs. Both times I have raced this guy he blows me out of the water from a dead stop. If we start running at about 20ish mph I can get a couple of boat lengths on him. I'm fairly certain he hasn't modded anything but I could be wrong. Both times we ran it was on decent chop in a lake, the wind was hitting hard at times. For the record I had the trim at mid level and I was in sport mode on 92 octane fuel at about 1/2 tank with an 185lb rider & sponsons in the mid level setting. With the weather the way it was I was only able to hit 64mph. I've actually been able to top it out with the trim all the way up with no chop at 69 before.

So my question is am I doing something wrong or will I just always lose to this guy? When I'm going for speed I try and put most of my weight on the back of the ski to improve the hookup and stand up kind of superman style. I'm curious to see how it will go without the chop we've had out here the last few weekends.

+1
    You will probably lose out of the hole regardless. But the chop wouldn't be working in your favor.

+1
    You will loose to them unless you do some mods, I have had countless drags with my mates 300s when i was stock, they pull 2-3kph more top speed that the PX, but do some mods and you will smash your mate!!

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Smash what? What engine parts will the mods smash?

I am going to need to make sure I carry my tow rope next time we go out aren't I? Haaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    You will loose to them unless you do some mods, I have had countless drags with my mates 300s when i was stock, they pull 2-3kph more top speed that the PX, but do some mods and you will smash your mate!!
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was fearing. I am interested in doin some mods to it soon but I don't want to do anything to void my warranty as the ski is brand new and I'm not very mechanically inclined. I was thinking things that wouldnt affect it or I could remove easily like sponsons or an intake grate.

+1
    Dude, you're going up against a 4 cylinder and SC that puts out higher boost at lower rpms than yours. It SHOULD be faster out of the hole.
    Reflash and pitch your impeller to improve your hole shot.

FWIW I can hang with- then beat a 300X with mods in sig

+1
    Nah mate, the standard sponsons are sweet, just do basic mods, intake, exhaust, grate and vtech tune!
    More likely the ski will stuff up standard, you should have seen how much salt and grease crap was in the air box and intake and slight corrosion around the supercharger when I took the standard plastic crap out and I only had 20 hours! I would hate to see what it looked like at 100 hours! No dealer would ever clean out the air box or around or behind the fucking huge exhaust resonator, at least the after market intakes stop that crap going into your supercharger and the exhaust makes everything easy to see and clean! And I wash the ski in and out thoroughly after every ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Dude, you're going up against a 4 cylinder and SC that puts out higher boost at lower rpms than yours. It SHOULD be faster out of the hole.
    Reflash and pitch your impeller to improve your hole shot.

FWIW I can hang with- then beat a 300X with mods in sig
    You would smash a 300 if you are doing 79!!

+1
    [QUOTE=toomanytoys;1984818]Smash what? What engine parts will the mods smash?

I am going to need to make sure I carry my tow rope next time we go out aren't I? Haaaaaaaa[/QUOTE

Sunday is only a few days away mate!! and the video camera is ready to roll!

You will not easily beat a 300X in the chop with an RXPX. I think an RXTX will beat a 300X much easy with just a few mods. There is a new 300X here doing the break in , cant wait to line with him with my Rxtx 260RS AS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information