New to the forums 07 speedster 215 update/upgrade questions

I just purchased a 2007 speedster 150 215 hp model and the boat has 9 hours on it. There was oil in the intake so we threw a Viton dual lip seal in it from the store, and noticed that it has ceramic washers in it. The option I am looking at is putting the xcharger on it and bigger injectors (42lb?) and was wondering if these upgrades work the same for the speedster as they do for the pwc ? Just a bolt in affair? Also would like to update water box to the 255 version and possibly do the external intercooler as well. What prop would I use with this setup ? Where would I get all of the parts. Would anyone be interested in a 9 hour 215 charger with a dual lip oil seal installed and 9 hours on it ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper350 View Post
    I just purchased a 2007 speedster 150 215 hp model and the boat has 9 hours on it. There was oil in the intake so we threw a Viton dual lip seal in it from the store, and noticed that it has ceramic washers in it. The option I am looking at is putting the xcharger on it and bigger injectors (42lb?) and was wondering if these upgrades work the same for the speedster as they do for the pwc ? Just a bolt in affair? Also would like to update water box to the 255 version and possibly do the external intercooler as well. What prop would I use with this setup ? Where would I get all of the parts. Would anyone be interested in a 9 hour 215 charger with a dual lip oil seal installed and 9 hours on it ?
    XCharger, 4in Air intake, and 42lbs injectors is all you need. If you go with an external intercooler you will need to add a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) which is a pain in the ass.

I did the XCharger, 4in Air, and 42lbs on my boat and I saw 59mph all day, everyday with a best run on 61mph. This setup is a set it and forget it upgrade. Very proven setup. If you get an external intercooler then you need a RRFPR. When you get a RRFPR then you need to monitor AFR's so you need an AFR gauge. Then you need to constantly adjust your setup based on the AFR readings bla bla bla... such a pain in the ass and not worth it.... Just do the XCharger, 4in Air, 42lbs and call it a day. Safe and reliable.

As far as props thats a little more tricky. I put a 15/20r prop on with the Blower and Air intake and it was way to big. I had it repitched 4 or 5 times and I could never get it right. The best performance I saw was with a modified stock prop. The best thing to do would be to do all your mods... see where you are with your RPM's on the stock prop then have the stock prop adjusted. If you are dead set on getting a new prop like a Solas then go with a 14/19 and even with that you may still have to tweak it to get it just right.

+1
    There are other options to look into, like dare I say a vteck tune.
    I have a speedster 200 that was a 430 hp. Version I installed x chargers, 50 pound injectors, vteck tunes 8350 rpm 4" intake and fizzle intercoolers and with solas 15/20 props the boat now rocks.

I will say at this point I have no gauge so I'm not sure where the afr's are so I can't say how on point the tune is but it sure feels good for a quick burst.

Also all this could be purchased thru the online store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinstang View Post
    There are other options to look into, like dare I say a vteck tune.
    I have a speedster 200 that was a 430 hp. Version I installed x chargers, 50 pound injectors, vteck tunes 8350 rpm 4" intake and fizzle intercoolers and with solas 15/20 props the boat now rocks.

I will say at this point I have no gauge so I'm not sure where the afr's are so I can't say how on point the tune is but it sure feels good for a quick burst.

Also all this could be purchased thru the online store.
    you spent a pretty penny on mods for that boat.
    • X-Charger = $775
    • Injectors = $200
    • Intercooler = $670
    • Solas Impeller = $320
    • Home made 4" = $100
    • Intercooler block off plugs, hose clamps, random parts, shipping = $135
    Per motor = $2200 per motor
    VTech Tune = $800 per boat

total I estimate at = $5,200 and thats saying you did all the labor yourself (which you could easily do). damn thats alot of dough.

What RPM are you turning that 15/20 prop? is it untouched? what speed are you GPSing that boat? probably 70+?

+1
    Yea there's a lot of money invested into it. As far as top end not sure yet I only been holding wot for short burst until I now for sure where my air fuel ratio is. The tacks stop at 8000 rpm because they are the analog gauges so it's somewhere between 8000-8350 rpm. out of the hole it will spin the props no problem and the props are untouched solas 15/20

Not trying to jack his thread just letting him know there are other options but they are costly. Your option is probably the best bang for the buck and my option is one of the more costly ways, I guess it's what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    you spent a pretty penny on mods for that boat.
    • X-Charger = $775
    • Injectors = $200
    • Intercooler = $670
    • Solas Impeller = $320
    • Home made 4" = $100
    • Intercooler block off plugs, hose clamps, random parts, shipping = $135
    Per motor = $2200 per motor
    VTech Tune = $800 per boat

total I estimate at = $5,200 and thats saying you did all the labor yourself (which you could easily do). damn thats alot of dough.

What RPM are you turning that 15/20 prop? is it untouched? what speed are you GPSing that boat? probably 70+?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinstang View Post
    Yea there's a lot of money invested into it. As far as top end not sure yet I only been holding wot for short burst until I now for sure where my air fuel ratio is. The tacks stop at 8000 rpm because they are the analog gauges so it's somewhere between 8000-8350 rpm. out of the hole it will spin the props no problem and the props are untouched solas 15/20

Not trying to jack his thread just letting him know there are other options but they are costly. Your option is probably the best bang for the buck and my option is one of the more costly ways, I guess it's what your looking for.
    That boat will be a monster once you get it dialed in. Post up once you get some numbers

/end hijack

Thread Information