ECM ... i need a ECM for my 2005 Honda ARX 1200 T2

Does any1 know where I can get an ECM for my 2004 Honda ARX 1200 Turbo 2 seater? I just bought this ski and its gone out already! Any help would be greatly appriciated. Charles

HELP...Need an ECM for my 2005 Honda ARX1200 t2

I just bought this ski and the ECM went out on it already...Can any1 tell me where to get an ECM other then the Honda dealer who wants $799.19 for it? Any help is really appriciated! Thanks, Charles

+1
    U bought it new, the ski? Sounds to me like someone has jumped it off or reversed the power wires when hooking up battery. From what I've read those things seem to bite the ecu... and corrosion . 04-newer ecu isn't cheap $699-799 seems correct

ECU problem on my 2004 honda turbo

I bought it used from a guy from Jet Ski Junkies here in Florida. It was running but after it heated up it would throw a code and then go into limp mode. I got it back to my lift, and tried to restart it to no avail. I took it into the Honda dealer and they said they cant even read the codes that should be stored because the ECU is shot. They want $799 for a new one. I have 131 hours on the ski...not sure if I am going to fix it or not.

+1
    What did u pay for it

Doubt highly it has anything to do with the PGM-FI. What is the ski doing?

2004 honda turbo needing a ECU...

It used to run strong until it heated up. Once that happened it would throw a code/warning light and sound and go into limp mode. Id get it back to my lift on my dock but i pulled the key out on my way out of the water and it stopped beeping. I tried to restart it and it wouldnt. I took it to the Honda dealer in Tampa and they said they cant eve get the code off of the ECU to even see what the problem is. Said it needs a new one b4 they can check the codes. Told me it would be almost $1000 for part, labor, and diagnosis. I can probably put one in myself but I was wondering where is the cheapest place to get one from. Whats your thoughts? Thanks, Charles

Unhappy 2004 ARX 1200T2 (R-12x turbo) ECU problem...

Just bought this 04 turbo and it was running but it threw a code, went into limp mode. I got it back to my lift and tried to get code but when I tried to restart it on the hose...It wouldnt start. Took it to the Honda dealer in Tampa who told me that he couldnt even get a code because the ECU was bad. Told me to replace the ECU $799 and then he could check the code that should be stored. Has any1 heard of this b4? Any ideas? The ski will not start now. I was told I need the ECM part # 38770-HW3-673. Thanks Charles

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOOIZE View Post
    Just bought this 04 turbo and it was running but it threw a code, went into limp mode. I got it back to my lift and tried to get code but when I tried to restart it on the hose...It wouldnt start. Took it to the Honda dealer in Tampa who told me that he couldnt even get a code because the ECU was bad. Told me to replace the ECU $799 and then he could check the code that should be stored. Has any1 heard of this b4? Any ideas? The ski will not start now. I was told I need the ECM part # 38770-HW3-673. Thanks Charles
    This seems to be becoming a common problem oh hondas. turbo or non

Thread Information