Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Only in FLORIDA...

Amazing but true...
    this happened yesterday in Ft. Meyers, Florida...

• 11 foot long gator charges 17 year old teenager on the river
    • Young man offers charging gator his arm to save his own life
    • Gator bites off teenager's arm
    • FWC officers kill three gators on the river; the third one still has the kid's arm in its belly
    • Unfortunately the arm cannot be re-attached
    • Kid recovering in hospital, wants gators head for a "prosthetic armrest."

This is life in Florida...

Florida teen who lost arm in attack wants alligator's head
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/10...en-arm-in-fla/

sad they kill these gators for being animals in their natural habitat...

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    STFU. It was the kid's ARM and almost his life and you are worried about the critter?
    What is this world coming to?

+1
    Definately a tough kid. I saw the interview with him where he explained how he stepped on the gator's head after it dragged him to the bottom in order rip his arm off & free himself. Then he swam to shore & used a spider web to stop the bleeding. I don't know if I'd be thinking that clearly after losing half my arm

Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    If it didn't have the kid's arm in its stomach, they may have tried to relocate it. Either way, an aggressive gator of that size can't be allowed to stay near populated areas where people swim. It's possible someone may have been feeding it, because for the most part, gators won't attack people unless they're cornered, harrassed or you come across a female guarding a nest. Even the big bulls will usually do their best to stay away from you. Bottom line is dangerous animals who've lost their fear of people have to be removed.

what makes u better then any other animal? ...you realize humans are the MOST destructive animal on this earth, killing millions of people, billions of animals for what...for our own benefit and greed...and yet you blame the gator for this, for being the animal it is, for eating, survival in ITS habitat..and 2 others die for NO reason at all...yet you glorify human life as over everything....

oh, and sorry for being rational....would you say the idiot that stuck their arm in the cage at the zoo that got it bit off was the issue or the tiger for being a fking tiger...of course you would blame the tiger because you're retarded...

6. +1 by:

+1
    Yeah, a real travesty. Just an FYI if you're unfamiliar with these animals, they are a federally protected species and you can't just go pooping caps into them, purely based on fear. It's actually a felony to kill one. Nine times out of ten, they are relocated to an unpopulated area if they are deemed a nuisance or a threat. The logic behind killing the animals was most likely due to the fact that they had been interacting with dumbass humans, by way of being fed. Unless the immediate population was vacated by way of led, this event could have certianly been repeated in the same area.

+1
    what makes u better then any other animal? ...you realize humans are the MOST destructive animal on this earth, killing millions of people, billions of animals for what...for our own benefit and greed...and yet you blame the gator for this, for being the animal it is, for eating, survival in ITS habitat..and 2 others die for NO reason at all...yet you glorify human life as over everything....

oh, and sorry for being rational....would you say the idiot that stuck their arm in the cage at the zoo that got it bit off was the issue or the tiger for being a fking tiger...of course you would blame the tiger because you're retarded...
    Is this guy freakin serious....

+1

Judging by your incoherent irrational rant of a response, I'm guessin' you didn't read anything I just posted. Gators don't eat people for survival, or even see them as prey. Maybe you'd feel more at home on some hippy tree hugger pwc hating kayaker forum.

Yoyamma, might be time to break out the tinfoil hat pic.

at mjh, i wasn't even responding to you, so NO i didnt read anything you wrote because i was responding to the person above u....

but to respond, usually they dont and the reasons you listed are valid points, however at the same time if an animal is hungry and sees splashing especially this time of the year they can and will attack as we have seen...

and your post is even more up the ally as its humans fault if they were feeding the gator and it lost fear...again the animal died for being an animal..

and yes i know what its like, i live on a lake in the back woods we have plenty of gators on the lake i know about the aggression during mating season etc...

no excuse to go killing gators for being...well gators...

+1
    I don't believe in killing animals without a purpose.....of wait.....Hell yeeeeeah.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alligator-motorcycle.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	276966

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information