sea doo bogs in water

my recent purchase of 2- 98- gs sea-doo's, has really been an excellent experience. after much reading and research I have completely replaced all gray fuel hose lines,as well as rebuild of carbs and several other maintenance issues. the issue I am having now with one, is it runs great on the hose and trailer, but bogs down on water. I have discovered when it is on water if I pull and hold the choke out just a little it will run hard and excellent, that is until I release the choke, and then it bogs down again, is there an adjustment for this or do I need to tear the carb apart again. I will also mention when I had the carbuerator apart I replaced the spring not knowing there was a color difference with respect to tension, could this be an issue of pop off pressure? I have gotten lots of tips and advice from this forum and now hope this will be an easy fix .

pulling the choke richens the mixture and it also increases the carb vacuum - you need to check your pop-off pressure, your jetting, screw settings and check your fuel filters again.

Most Mikuni kits come with a counter-wound silver spring 95gr so depending on your Needle/seat it may be pop-off pressure

3. +1 by:

thanks for that information the mikuni rebuild kit I purchased had 4 springs, I know I probably chose the wrong one. I had no idea they were different util I began research on the bogging issue, now I will take the carb apart to see which spring is in there...

there is a spring chart that lists the pop-off pressure for different spring and N/S sizes - this will get you near the ballpark of spec..
    The size is of the needle seat is stamped on it..

6. +1 by:

yes I was just reading that thread.great information

Thread Information