Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giving sea-doo a third chance

I previously owned a 04 rxp and 05 rxp,my 04 clutch failed at 22 hours,the parts were on back oreder so I traded it for a 05 rxp.After 4 hours of use the 05 rxp clutch failed.Iwas totally disgusted.so i traded the 05 rxp for 05 ultra150.the ultra is fun,but i sure missed the rxp.JUst bought a used rxp today with 22 hours and it has seadoo extended warranty.Im going to have glenn at ppg install heavy duty rr clutch and Im installing a bov.Hopefully this will eliminate clutch failures.Anyone have any better ideas for improving clutch. Thanks,Mark

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Giving SD a 3rd chance while using PPG stuff sounds like recipe to a disaster.

Im open for better ideas,would you suggest mark at race tech or someone else. Thanks,Mark

Speak to Frazier at PPG he will take care of ya, don't listen to 11 he's on the West coast, far away. Just busting your balls bro.

Better suggestion leave it alone I'm running my original clutch over 60 hrs. the new kits are available and ready to ship, and many would agree with me the new kit looks just like the RR clutch and you can get one under warranty from BRP if yours fail. I would order the BOV I'm using it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by good2go32
    Speak to Frazier at PPG he will take care of ya, don't listen to 11 he's on the West coast, far away. Just busting your balls bro.
    Not really, Glen Perry and his staff are just about as incompetent are they're dishonnest.

GP's tab is WAAAAAY too long to even suggest your worst enemy to give him your money.

+1
    Hey Orange71rt and Good2go32. I felt I had to put my two cents worths in after reading what 11expert rider had to say about the PPG orginaztion.
    First--I would bet 11expert rider has never owned or rode a PWC= and cant spell PWC. Second--I would bet he has never darkend the doors of PPG---third I would bet he has never been out of Califorina--(which in my opinion is good for the world). Ok--last Jaunaury I towed 1400 miles (one way) from south Texas to PPG in Florida. Glen and his crew did all the mods listed below on my post. I bought my RXP March of 2004 and have over 140 hours on it and No failures. Will run 8150 rpms all day with no heat fade. I was treated with respect and hospility by Glen and his crew and was charged a very fair price for all the mods and I am completely satisfied. 11expert rider does not get under my skin. I just felt I needed to take up for some very fine and honest people. I have crossed paths with people like 11 expert rider in my 71 years and don t let them bother me.

+1
    I just don't get why people have so much trouble with the clutch. I have 110 hours on my rxp, original clutch.

+1
    Maybe because your ski doesn;'t have to cope with the pump loading/unloading due to heavy water riding.
    Maybe you know how to use your throttle..
    Maybe you're just lucky and got an orange (oposed to a lemon).

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'm nearing 90 hours on my original clutch... stock ski tho... but aggressive riding, gettin unhooked ALOT, ocean riding, wave jumping off the ocean-front beaches, i downright beat the living shit outta my ski most times when it comes to rough water

for a modded ski, i think a better clutch is a must, and the last thing anyone wants is their motor being pulled apart for a scavenger hunt of ceramic pieces...

and BOV... that's a piece of equipment that is up for debate... some do not recommend it while others say it's a must have piece...

GP has always done me right when I needed some warranty work done or upgrades under warranty. That's without ever asking him for the help, him on his own approaching me to help out. He seems to be building some reliable clutches over there, so i don't think you can go wrong.

Long live my stock clutch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information